NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Few twitter rumours linking us with Teun Koopmeiners from Atalanta.

Would please those wanting more technical ability in the team and midfield specifically. I like him.

Edited by KaKa

48 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I think he’ll be class. He’s clearly technically very strong, he has more speed than anyone else playing centrally and he can attack and defend. He’s also got a fantastic dead ball delivery and will eventually take that on over Trippier. Struggle to see how it doesn’t work out unless there are personal issues or he doesn’t end up feeling settled. He needs to give his absolute all to salvage his career and reputation 

Technically - thought he was better than everyone bar Bruno in midfield. But a long way off Bruno. Solid but not top drawer.

Good athlete but not totally up to speed with the pace and physicality of the PL. He lost as many duels as he won but was always able to make it a duel. I thought after a year playing in the PL he would win more of those. But speed-wise he's not faster than Joelinton and definitely not faster than Willock.

His dead-ball delivery and general crossing were strong. Very strong.

He wasn't as good tactically or off-the-ball as I had hoped. As someone mentioned, Brighton and another game - some signs of real lazy play when closing players down. Turning his back. We had heard so much about his workrate, personality and graft and it was a step below the standard we are used too. Again, I thought that was a pace of the PL type thing and a year of Howe ball he would understand. Similar maybe to Paqueta. When he first joined he wasn't right at it - but now he's everywhere, sharp, first to the tackle etc. I hope that will come with Tonali.

There's lots of green shoots. But that's all it is. He could easily go the other way.

He looked a potentially v. solid all-rounder. But he didn't click in. I never thought of him as a massive talent the way I see Isak or Bruno. Then again, I didn't see it in Gordon either and he definitely has it. At least with Gordon there was work-rate and pace. Apart from maybe crossing/deadballs, I don't see any standout attributes. But maybe the standout attribute is how well-rounded he potentially is.

In terms of positives of Tonali I thought he had a lot more composure on the ball that most of our other midfielders, happy to do quick one touch, sometimes I felt the issue was he was too quick for our team, in terms of what the rest of the team were used to. 

I think once he is back in the side and fully understands how we play, he will certainly help us become more controlling in possession and comfortable on the ball. 

1 minute ago, NWMag said:

In terms of positives of Tonali I thought he had a lot more composure on the ball that most of our other midfielders, happy to do quick one touch, sometimes I felt the issue was he was too quick for our team, in terms of what the rest of the team were used to. 

I think once he is back in the side and fully understands how we play, he will certainly help us become more controlling in possession and comfortable on the ball. 

And not have the other shit on his mind as a worry! 

There will always be doubts in my mind as to him actually wanting to be here until he proves otherwise. I believed he wanted a new challenge etc but the ban has me seriously doubting that now.

The summer is going to have at least one long, drawn out media saga and it’ll probably be Bruno because of the clause.. 

At least selling him will put the FFP talk to bed for a season or two.

Edited by Nine

Don't think there'll be any incomings as things stands, Trippier's staying and so is Miggy by the looks of it. Maybe we'll play Joe White or Alfie Harrison in midfield if Bruno is is out.

33 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If there is any truth to it, I’d snap Chelsea’s hand off for 18 million.

Fuck that, they paid £200m for two midfielders.

Should be able to squeeze at least £25m out of them.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Don't think there'll be any incomings as things stands, Trippier's staying and so is Miggy by the looks of it. Maybe we'll play Joe White or Alfie Harrison in midfield if Bruno is is out.

No first team incomings or outgoings imo.

11 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Nowt wrong with saying he was rubbish, mind. He was, save for his debut and the odd spell. Obviously it's far too hasty to make an overall judgement but I think you'd have to be truly dim to do that anyway.

Shots fired at 80% of posters.