NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, simonsays said:

Would be an awful shame if the Saudi clubs were to offer £2m for someone Man Utd valued at £20m

So far they seem to be going the other way, offering stupid money to our rivals for players ready for the knackers yard. I expect they'll already be bombarding the bemused Liverpool hierarchy with unofficial £100m bids for Salah.

29 minutes ago, gbandit said:

King Rat laying the law down. He means business. Brexit means Brexit 

Honestly, the vibes I'm getting so far is a slimline bearded version of Mike Ashley. Comes across as really tight if the derisory offer of £2m for Ashworth is to believed, and so far the main talk from Manchester is about selling not buying players.

Has there been any rumours lately regarding Nico Williams? I know we’ve been linked but I’m sure there will be a lot of big clubs after him. Especially since his release clause is about £42m only. Would be my pick as he can play both sides really well. Would have a class set of options if we somehow managed to get him. Him and Gordon either side of Isak with Barnes for rotation, and maybe Minteh. 

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Honestly, the vibes I'm getting so far is a slimline bearded version of Mike Ashley. Comes across as really tight if the derisory offer of £2m for Ashworth is to believed, and so far the main talk from Manchester is about selling not buying players.

Didn't he almost immediately scrap some benefits for non playing staff as well? Hopefully his next step is to scrap existing sponsorships and plaster Ineos onto whatever he can, and re-brand Old Trafford as the Ineos Arena - all without paying a penny to the club.

8 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

With every passing article like that I'm more and more confident that these cunts have no idea what they're doing. They'll probably finish above us, could even win the Cup next month but these fuckers will take that club backwards, every action screams unprofessional and leaking shit like that is borderline criminal, well-run clubs don't brief journalists about every single decision like this lot appear to be doing 

2 hours ago, Ikon said:

Has there been any rumours lately regarding Nico Williams? I know we’ve been linked but I’m sure there will be a lot of big clubs after him. Especially since his release clause is about £42m only. Would be my pick as he can play both sides really well. Would have a class set of options if we somehow managed to get him. Him and Gordon either side of Isak with Barnes for rotation, and maybe Minteh. 

Chelsea, us and Villa linked. Wondering whether the latest bout of racist abuse could be a tipping point for him to leave Spain.

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Probably thinks he can grow the same hairstyle as Cucurella too.

He can grow any style he wants, he just doesn't have the right follicle to implement it

Feel like with that PSR deadline being 30th of June, and everyone seemingly being effected by it, we are in for the quietest start to a window for a long long time.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Feel like with that PSR deadline being 30th of June, and everyone seemingly being effected by it, we are in for the quietest start to a window for a long long time.

Well we certainly cant do anything until the Bruno clause expires. However there is normally very few transfers before a major international tournament anyway

7 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Free transfers potentially? I know wages and signing on fees would have to be paid but I'd hope if we want either/both of Kelly/Adarabioyo then we'd get it done ASAP.

10 hours ago, OCK said:

The PSR deadline not aligning with ANYTHING (transfer windows, calendar year, financial year) is amazing.

Eh the psr deadline is exactly aligned with the financial year? :lol:

2 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Eh the psr deadline is exactly aligned with the financial year? :lol:

April/May?

1 hour ago, OCK said:

April/May?

What theres no tax year that runs to May, April is for selfemployment/paye so very weird to think limited companies would run til mid season rather than the end? Every football club has a 30 June year end, aside from that one year Ashley changed it for a month as they were late. Genuinely amazed you didnt know this considering the clubs accounts are discussed so much on here