NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Having bother embedding Twatter/X atm [emoji38]

Shouldn’t be rocket science?  (Pun intended)

Edited by Ikon

15 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Shouldn’t be rocket science?  (Pun intended)

? using the exact method I always have and they’re no longer embedding! I know Twatter has changed over to X.com finally, but not sure why the embedding mechanism seems borked now (for me at least). 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Few mins to Ramsey from Villa, Twitter not letting me embed tweets though.

Just whack em in anyway. I'll edit them if I see it.

2 hours ago, Sibierski said:

I only assume Ramsdale being linked is club feel he can come in and know the defence, coaching set up and overall team well straight away, whilst the Georgian one, despite the ability, there’s question marks on settling in/communication etc. that may be giving them cold feet. 

I’d rather the Georgian, we know what Ramsdale gives, whilst the other could be so far superior. Worth the gamble.

This is why I'd be so underwhelmed. I don't think I'm good at evaluating GKs and, if it's true we're interested, I'll accept Ramsdale is better based on our staff thinking so and him being higher in the England pecking order. But there's absolutely nothing to suggest he has a ceiling order of magnitudes higher than Pope that would justify us spending our limited resources on him. I can accept spending money on a GK for a potential transformative upgrade, not a moderate one. 

Hopefully it's just like many other links where we'd be interested at a big enough discount that is likely not coming.

I'm not entirely against Ramsdale. I would absolutely prefer Mamardashvili over him like most other people. What bugs me about Ramsdale is the potential fee we will have to pay AND the fact that it's to another PL team. 

Just feels like there are more cons to bringing in Ramsdale than there is pros.

11 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

What can we do to correct the link so it embeds or is it a forum end issue? 

I've no idea (because I'm generally clueless, not because there isn't a logical answer).

The only reason why I've always been able to do it is because I've never updated my Twitter app, meaning it defaults to the traditional link whenever I share. 

Just now, Mazzy said:

I'm not entirely against Ramsdale. I would absolutely prefer Mamardashvili over him like most other people. What bugs me about Ramsdale is the potential fee we will have to pay AND the fact that it's to another PL team. 

Just feels like there are more cons to bringing in Ramsdale than there is pros.

Yeah, not bothered in the least if we opt for Ramsdale instead. He's a talented goalie with room for further improvement. Howe knows him going way back too.

Couldn't care less about giving these other teams money as long as we're improving our team. Don't think anyone else is as good as we are in the market right now, and a lot of them really don't buy that well.

What would be a kicker is if Ramsdale coming in stop us from signing a RW or a ST. That would be a big mistake, but hopefully that won't be the case and the people at the top know what needs to be done. They've done very little wrong in terms of transfers so far.

My policy, same as previous summers, is to not get too fussed about links until they're halfway through the doors. Saves a lot of stress...