Tino Livramento

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Really hope Burn's okay, but I'm not shitting the bed if the alternative is Livramento RB and Trippier LB.

I think that's the way I'm phrasing it too. No problem at all with this set up, I'm a signed up Tino fan, but the questions come more from how much it subtracts from Trippier and our attack, given how crucial he is to our structure and individual players like Almiron. But Livramento is a massive talent.

1 minute ago, jackyboy said:

I love the way he closes the attackers down, doesn't commit unless he's sure and just keeps snacking at them like a terrier until the time is right.

He’s class like, lovely to have as the season goes on when we need to give tripps a weekend off.

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

He’s class like, lovely to have as the season goes on when we need to give tripps a weekend off.

The discussion last night in the pub was whether Tino right Tripps left could be the new normal as the season goes on.

Edited by madras

Jose Enrique was similar, obviously on the opposite side when people are referring to the 1-1 duels, Jose grew with confidence and having a super understanding with Gutierrez ahead of him. If Tino gets that support he can go far. It's interesting when you look at someone like Gordon's development, how he's now busting a gut to help Dan Burn, this has taken a while because you need the stamina of a horse to keep getting up and down when your fullback isn't as quick as you.

I like how Eddie puts them into little groups to learn from each other and work on patterns in formation, this being the recipe to build solid partnerships.

Edited by mighty__mag

It's going to be interesting to see what Howe does if Tino keeps looking this fucking good every time he steps on the pitch.

Suppose it depends on how long we think Trippier is going to be able to sustain his level of play. He's just turned 33.

Trippier moving to LB and Hall being his long term successor makes a lot of sense, as Hall isn't as ready as Livramento. Of course we also have Burn in the meantime who's proven he can do a good job when needed.

Also playing LB will be less physically demanding for Trippier with the way we set up so it might allow him to stay in the team longer.

Trippier is still in the top three players though, even at 33. The way he's looked after his body, he is easily still one of the fittest players and can maintain what is now 100 minutes no problem. 

Looking at him he can go on to 35 before stamina drops if he continues the shape he's in.

The only thing will be pace,but it's all monitored, Livramento is so fortunate, he's going to learn from an absolute master, I hope Trippiers attitude and the way he carries himself transcend to Tino.

He made Martinelli look very average! Watched that Robbo guy on AFTV and he mentioned how he always makes things happen. Well he did next to nothing in the 2nd half. 

Wonder if Tino could play LB so Trippier can stay on the right and keep his excellent link up play with Miggy. 

10 minutes ago, Shak said:

It's going to be interesting to see what Howe does if Tino keeps looking this fucking good every time he steps on the pitch.

Suppose it depends on how long we think Trippier is going to be able to sustain his level of play. He's just turned 33.

Trippier moving to LB and Hall being his long term successor makes a lot of sense, as Hall isn't as ready as Livramento. Of course we also have Burn in the meantime who's proven he can do a good job when needed.

Also playing LB will be less physically demanding for Trippier with the way we set up so it might allow him to stay in the team longer.

Trippier can't play LB the same way we set up with Burn, which is effectively a back three when Trippier drives forward. I don't think Tino could do the same job as Burn so we would have to set up a bit differently if we do play with Tino right and Trippier left.

31 minutes ago, CPL said:

He made Martinelli look very average! Watched that Robbo guy on AFTV and he mentioned how he always makes things happen. Well he did next to nothing in the 2nd half. 

Wonder if Tino could play LB so Trippier can stay on the right and keep his excellent link up play with Miggy. 

I thought Southampton used him at LB a couple of times

https://wyayescout.com/2023/08/14/analysing-our-new-right-back-tino-livramento/#:~:text=During the 2021%2F22 season,playing experience in this role.

Maybe I'm wrong? 

Edited by mighty__mag

19 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Trippier can't play LB the same way we set up with Burn, which is effectively a back three when Trippier drives forward. I don't think Tino could do the same job as Burn so we would have to set up a bit differently if we do play with Tino right and Trippier left.

If we've learned anything about Howe it's how players follow instructions. All we have to do is what full-backs have done since day 1 pretty much, when one goes, the other stays (unless you're Liverpool when TAA & Robertson are in their pomp). 

31 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Trippier could very easily offer everything that Burn does at LB IMO.

Only thing we lose is Burn's height.