Tino Livramento: will miss remainder of season with ankle injury

Yorkie

Just now, Turnbull2000 said:

Mental price for a young, somewhat unproven right back with a potentially dodgy ACL. But other than Wood, we don't have a recent history of rash or poorly researched buys, so should come good.

If he was fit and proven he would be £60m, don’t worry about it. 

Good addition which will take some weight off Trippier's shoulders.

Do have to admit though I find it ever so slightly odd that we went into this window needing a LB and RW but thus far we've signed a RB and LW. CB is still an issue too. Never expected all of those to be sorted this window, mind. But feel as though we have other positions that need strengthening a lot more than the positions we've strengthened thus far.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

If he was fit and proven he would be £60m, don’t worry about it. 

He's only 20 as well. More than likely he's make a full recovery from the ACL.

This is exactly the Ba gamble again. We can only hope that Lady Luck is on our side. if he is injury free, we got our RB completely sorted for next 5 years at the very least. That’s a big if though.

couldn’t blame the club for taking the risk. Our hands are a bit tied.

59 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

ACL, not a ‘horrific’ injury in the grand scheme of things though some can be problematic. Elite level ACL rehab is superbly streamlined and intensive and the surgery is first class and straightforward 

It is fairly horrific like. Many players don’t return to their best after one. 

5 minutes ago, Zero said:

This is exactly the Ba gamble again. We can only hope that Lady Luck is on our side. if he is injury free, we got our RB completely sorted for next 5 years at the very least. That’s a big if though.

couldn’t blame the club for taking the risk. Our hands are a bit tied.

You could be exaggerating the risk there though. Of course you’re getting him cheaper because he hasn’t been flying. But it doesn’t necessarily means it’s because he’s likely to get injured again. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

8 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Do have to admit though I find it ever so slightly odd that we went into this window needing a LB and RW but thus far we've signed a RB and LW. CB is still an issue too. Never expected all of those to be sorted this window, mind. But feel as though we have other positions that need strengthening a lot more than the positions we've strengthened thus far.

We could well play 60 matches this season if we do OK in Europe / go on a run in either cup. Guaranteed 46 and, baring the ultimate group of death where we finish bottom, should really have at least 2 more in Europe.

I went into this window thinking LB was the ultimate priority but I'd rather have Tripps and Tino starting 40 and 20 matches and Burn and Targett doing similar on the other side than either Manq or Kraft starting 20 at RB. We always want better than we have and to improve less strong positions, but RB definitely needed addressing more than LB this particular window IMO.

Edited by Paullow

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Did he play towards the end of last season? 

15 minutes

Last 2 games of the season

Played 60 70 30 and 45 mins for them this pre season

Anyway my heads gonna fall off if I see anyone else on twitter putting him or trippier as left backs in their football manager style teams ffs

9 minutes ago, Paullow said:

We could well play 60 matches this season if we do OK in Europe / go on a run in either cup. Guaranteed 46 and, baring the ultimate group of death where we finish bottom, should really have at least 2 more in Europe.

I went into this window thinking LB was the ultimate priority but I'd rather have Tripps and Tino starting 40 and 20 matches and Burn and Targett doing similar on the other side than either Manq or Kraft starting 20 at RB. We always want better than we have and to improve less strong positions, but RB definitely needed addressing more than LB this particular window IMO.

Makes you wonder why we signed Ashby though? If he wasn't to be Trippier's understudy/backup, why did we sign him? We still have Manquillo and Krafth on the books as well and although they aren't great, Krafth deputised for Trippier brilliantly after he got injured in 2021-22. ACL this season scuppered his minutes. 

17 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I still think it’s funny that everyone constantly assumes we need a RW, when ours just had the season of his life and is integral to the system. 

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Makes you wonder why we signed Ashby though? If he wasn't to be Trippier's understudy/backup, why did we sign him? We still have Manquillo and Krafth on the books as well and although they aren't great, Krafth deputised for Trippier brilliantly after he got injured in 2021-22. ACL this season scuppered his minutes. 

He was very cheap and young. 

Great together another player through the door. Jesus, how far we have come.

although I would hope the Saudis can pay privately (outside of ffp) to have trippier on a new diet to extend his career:

breakfast - stem cells

elevenses - stem cells 

lunch - stems cells

You get the idea. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Usual highlight reel disclaimer, but he looks very good. Presumably he goes down as a "U21" for the squad. Only 1.73m, so the new Fraser to Dan Burn.

Lots of ballwinning and bursting forward in central and advanced positions in that video, so definitely wing back capable. He looks like a midfielder in some of the clips.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I still think it’s funny that everyone constantly assumes we need a RW, when ours just had the season of his life and is integral to the system. 

He's scored 2 goals in 2023, and went February 2021–April 2022 without scoring or assisting a goal. There's nothing to suggest that from his 4 and a half years here that that goalscoring run from October-November last season wasn't a purple patch.

And I don't want him sold btw. He's a good option for the squad given the volume of games. But our options there are only Almiron and Murphy unless you count Gordon towards it.

3 hours ago, Gawalls said:

I don't think we'll get him - Southampton are turning every bid down for every player.  I think they've made a call to keep their squad together to try and come back up 

Timing [emoji38]

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

He's scored 2 goals in 2023, and went February 2021–April 2022 without scoring or assisting a goal. There's nothing to suggest that from his 4 and a half years here that that goalscoring run from October-November last season wasn't a purple patch.

And I don't want him sold btw. He's a good option for the squad given the volume of games. But our options there are only Almiron and Murphy unless you count Gordon towards it.

There were people crying on here over a winger who scored once.

18 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Like Gordon we have a list of targets and when they come available, sometimes ahead of scheduled time due to circumstance we get them.

Gordon was for this season but Everton needed the cash for FFP and cash flow etc due to ownership issues so we pounced at the price. Livramento was probably for next season but Southampton relegated so have grabbed him now. With his injury and position we can ease him in gently which will suite us both.

Tonali was our number 1 target for this window and we’ve got him this window. 

Like Liverpool’s approach the plan is to get THE player we want. Rather than in the order we need necessarily at times.

Trust the process.