Harvey Barnes

khay

If it’s a broken toe you’d think 6wks minimum for it to knit plus rehab.

Timing bad as with AG on 4 yellows you’d imagine Barnes was due a lot of game time.

Edited by LFEE

2 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Its a shame but Gordon is looking good. Isak can play out there and I think we were at our best last season with the Willock/Joelinton combo out on the left. Joelinton can definitely step in too. 

Ironic after all the issues around the RHS and people wanting it strengthened that we’ve got 3 of the 5 players who can play LHS out injured.

4 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Isak can play out there

Isak "can" play in goal, but he shouldn't.

He's our record signing and one of the most promising strikers in Europe. Putting him at LW is stupid when he's needed at CF and we have others who can play out wide.

"Isak LW" seems to be the new "Schar / Coloccini DM". And it's no less stupid.

Edited by Chris_R

6 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

He's our record signing and one of the most promising strikers in Europe. Putting him at LW is stupid when he's needed at CF and we have others who can play out wide.

"Isak LW" seems to be the new "Schar / Coloccini DM". And it's no less sensible.

I agree, I remember last season when he was wide. The only times he did anything of value was when he went into positions where he would be as a striker anyways. He got himself into those positions less frequently, and stopped scoring goals as a result. Also the defensive contribution was obviously going to be really bad. Problem is that we can't play Gordon every single game, so if Joelinton is not ready soon then Isak might have to step in anyways. Unless we want to play Anderson at LW.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

"Isak LW" seems to be the new "Schar / Coloccini DM". And it's no less sensible.

People shoehorning him into their imaginary FM line-ups to have both him and Wilson playing at the same time is getting incredibly boring. It'll be a fun meme in 10 years time though.

What a pisser.

Injuries are the fly in the ointment. I'm placated but for that.

Suppose this is the least vulnerable area albeit that brings fatigue into it for the others now.

Edited by Jonas