Harvey Barnes

khay

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Your loss. He’s only asking journalists questions requested by fans. Not sure what’s not to like. Usually get some interesting titbits of information. Just got to pick and choose which show is best suited for you 🙂

Steve Wraith. 

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Your loss. He’s only asking journalists questions requested by fans. Not sure what’s not to like. Usually get some interesting titbits of information. Just got to pick and choose which show is best suited for you 🙂

Steve Wraith

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Steve Wraith…

Just had a browse through the Barnes thread on foxestalk. The critique of him being wasteful with the ball and lazy isn't something recent due to their poor season

From 2019 - February 2021 I haven't seen a single negative word in his thread from what I browsed through.  In Feb 21 they were shitting themselves that they'll lose him to Liverpool in the summer.

He got injured end of feb 2021 with a knee injury and was out for rest of the season.

Slow start to the 2021-22 season so people a bit divided as he's had some underwhelming performances but coming off a long injury. By October 2021 not a single positive word from anyone (kindest posts saying he's out of form) but most criticizing him for being wasteful with the ball and unable to get past players. This lasts until mid-January 2022 where he seems to have done fairly well (lost of "well he's the best option we have" posts). One poster summing him up as "Overrated but falls into that perfect Leicester City player category because he can be useful sometimes." This mood seems to continue through to March 2022 when he's back to being a donkey, lazy, head down player who only does well when the team overall is doing well.

Pre-season 2022 most posts people are hoping some rest and a good pre-season can bring back the old Barnes. From there until now it seems like the forum is split between him being a shit player and people posting his g+a stats so he can't be bad. A bit like on here.

Edited by Conjo

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Steve Wraith. 

5 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Steve Wraith

4 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Steve Wraith…

It was Liam Kennedy 🤔

13 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Just had a browse through the Barnes thread on foxestalk. The critique of him being wasteful with the ball and lazy isn't something recent due to their poor season

From 2019 - February 2021 I haven't seen a single negative word in his thread from what I browsed through.  In Feb 21 they were shitting themselves that they'll lose him to Liverpool in the summer.

He got injured end of feb 2021 with a knee injury and was out for rest of the season.

Slow start to the 2021-22 season so people a bit divided as he's had some underwhelming performances but coming off a long injury. By October 2021 not a single positive word from anyone (kindest posts saying he's out of form) but most criticizing him for being wasteful with the ball and unable to get past players. This lasts until mid-January 2022 where he seems to have done fairly well (lost of "well he's the best option we have" posts). One poster summing him up as "Overrated but falls into that perfect Leicester City player category because he can be useful sometimes." This mood seems to continue through to March 2022 when he's back to being a donkey, lazy, head down player who only does well when the team overall is doing well.

Pre-season 2022 most posts people are hoping some rest and a good pre-season can bring back the old Barnes. From there until now it seems like the forum is split between him being a shit player and people posting his g+a stats so he can't be bad. A bit like on here.

If he can bag 13 goals during a poor season then sign him up.

Messaged one of my Leicester mates about him;

"You not slightly disappointed? Thought you'd go for better. He's very good at 1-2’s, mainly creates opportunities in that way as he doesn't often take on his man. If Howe can improve on that aspect of his game I can see him being a beast for you. However if he’s competing with Saint Maximin and Gordon on the LW I’m not too sure why you're signing him, unless one of them is being sold/loaned out"

52 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Why are you trying to make goals and assists sound like a bad thing? :lol:

Aye, I hate wingers when all they do is create and score goals, terrible stuff.

His expected assists are really low though, just 0.14 per 90 at Leicester in 146 apps (or 15 in 9913 minutes). Bit concerning that Almiron had only 0.10 too last season despite the good season.

9 hours ago, Conjo said:

Of course not a bad thing, but if it is the only thing he brings it may be to the detriment of the team over all.

And It may not - if only we had a manager that had a clue with these things and knew what he wants.

Edited by Gawalls

49 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

My thing is. Almiron.  Barnes. Gordon. Joelinton. 

It’s all very physical (and Barnes can really finish). None of these are ballers. Nothing cute.  1v1 against a fullback I don’t have much hope. 

I hope Barnes can become a 15+ goalscorer. 

what’s your definition of baller? 

Joelinton is a certified baller. He’s not Maxi but his big man style and aura is baller. 

Edited by Kanji

My Leicester mate says he needs some good coaching which he’ll get from Howe. He reckons with the right coaching he could be a monster of a player. Great pace on the break, maybe not as great 1 on 1s beating a man but can finish really well.

I get the impression Howe sees Barnes and Gordon potentially on either side as an option?

Edited by ExiledGeordie

32 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

My Leicester mate says he needs some good coaching which he’ll get from Howe. He reckons with the right coaching he could be a monster of a player. Great pace on the break, maybe not as great 1 on 1s beating a man but can finish really well.

I get the impression Howe sees Barnes and Gordon potentially on either side as an option?

Beckham wasn’t one for sashaying around a fullback either. Fucking donkey. 

If he comes then he’s clearly been bought for what he’s good at; he’s very much a player that makes runs as opposed to taking on his man and he can take a chance. ASM is almost polar opposite as a winger.

Get him on the training ground and drill match situations/ positioning and assuming his attitude is right then he could prove a great signing.

I’m not entirely convinced about him but, I can certainly see what he could bring. ASM by and large slows our play down, Barnes could speed transition up, he likes to get in behind and he does score goals.

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

If he comes then he’s clearly been bought for what he’s good at; he’s very much a player that makes runs as opposed to taking on his man and he can take a chance. ASM is almost polar opposite as a winger.

Get him on the training ground and drill match situations/ positioning and assuming his attitude is right then he could prove a great signing.

I’m not entirely convinced about him but, I can certainly see what he could bring. ASM by and large slows our play down, Barnes could speed transition up, he likes to get in behind and he does score goals.

This, he's a player that produces results in the modern game. He's not going to dribble past players or show-boat, but he will produce and score goals. Great at making a run, or cutting inside to shoot or assist. But there will be games where he appears to go missing, before he pops up with a goal in the 68th minute. As mentioned above he gets a lot of flack on the FT talkboard, for some reason home-grown players are never granted any slack. EH will know how to utilise him well.

7 hours ago, Kanji said:

what’s your definition of baller? 

Joelinton is a certified baller. He’s not Maxi but his big man style and aura is baller. 

Surely 'baller' shouldn't be used by anyone over the age of 13?

11 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Messaged one of my Leicester mates about him;

"You not slightly disappointed? Thought you'd go for better. He's very good at 1-2’s, mainly creates opportunities in that way as he doesn't often take on his man. If Howe can improve on that aspect of his game I can see him being a beast for you. However if he’s competing with Saint Maximin and Gordon on the LW I’m not too sure why you're signing him, unless one of them is being sold/loaned out"

Our entire offence is built on one twos and getting into space between/behind FB and CB. Barnes is Mig for the left.

Can people not see this?

1 minute ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Our entire offence is built on one twos and getting into space between/behind FB and CB. Barnes is Mig for the left.

Can people not see this?

Think that's a part of what people are debating really, the limitations of the player in relation to concerns about predictability in terms of attacking play.