Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 12/08/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

@Toonjam88ya heard out?

Nah don’t get much anymore as the guy my mate was getting it from is now higher up on the coaching staff. Was told Lewis Miley isn’t in the squad at all as he is playing for the under 21s on Sunday that’s about it. 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Seem to remember that it was Trippier and Schar who had shockers, not Burn.  ‘Funnelled possession’.  Christ.  There’s some right pretentious wanker posted online these days. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Seem to remember that it was Trippier and Schar who had shockers, not Burn.  ‘Funnelled possession’.  Christ. 

I'd be genuinely shocked if Eddie hasn't learned from that game. We won't be anywhere near as sloppy today.

predicted score: 4-1 to the toon

1st scorer: Almiron

predicted weather: Shite

predicted line-up:

Isak      Wilson    Miggy

Barnes Joelinton Bruno

Trips Botman Schar Tino

Pope

could likely be burn at leftback and maybe Lascelles if schar isn’t ready, all though I’d prefer Alex Murphy. Hopefully see Anderson, miley, J. Murphy, Tonali and Gordon get on the pitch at some point 

Edited by Geordie Boyo

15 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

predicted line-up:

Barnes Joelinton Bruno

Trips Botman Schar Tino

Pope

could likely be burn at leftback and maybe Lascelles if schar isn’t ready, all though I’d prefer Alex Murphy. Hopefully see Anderson, miley, J. Murphy, Gordon get on the pitch at some point 

Genuinely can't work out if that lineup is a windup or not:lol:

15 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Agreed.  Longstaff’s absence that day was really noticeable, too.  The protection he offered to Trippier was missed. 

Longstaff is great at suffocating the opposition in possession. If any team was set up to exploit that absence last season it was Villa.

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

Genuinely can't work out if that lineup is a windup or not:lol:

I like the predicted weather part personally. You can't really go wrong looking out the window.

18 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

predicted line-up:

Barnes Joelinton Bruno

Trips Botman Schar Tino

Pope

could likely be burn at leftback and maybe Lascelles if schar isn’t ready, all though I’d prefer Alex Murphy. Hopefully see Anderson, miley, J. Murphy, Gordon get on the pitch at some point 

You've been on the gear early

25 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

predicted line-up:

Barnes Joelinton Bruno

Trips Botman Schar Tino

Pope

Barnes in midfield, more chance of hell freezing over.

Kind of liking the front 3 though.

We’re likely playing against Diaby down the left-flank. Don’t fancy Burn nor Target up against him hence Trips, who’s played in that position before - Diaby tends to cut in where he could be caught with a challenge from Trips. 

Isak linking up with Barnes down the left sounds good to me and Barnes obviously links well with Wilson too. 

anyways we’ll see what happens. Likelihood might be more so Gordon on the left with Isak and Miggy across from him. Joelinton Anderson and Bruno and a back four of burn, Botman, schar and trippier. 

Nice to go into the season with optimism

Remember when we played Arsenal first game and Bruce put Jetro Willems on centre mid then decided within about 30 seconds "it wasn't fair to put him centre mid on his debut" so tried to put him out wide and we conceded