Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa: 12/08/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

Gutted for Anderson. Done everything right and doesn't get rewarded. 

Strong team though. Can't wait for KO. :celb1:

It's cause he doesn't play on the right side. Simple as that. 

1 minute ago, alexf said:

Diaby and Bailey are a threat on the wings but also they will likely provide very little defensive cover for Villa and we love to overlap down the sides so we could get a lot of joy. 

Also interesting he has thrown Tonali in immediately. Think due to history we all expected a slow bedding in process but I suppose it was said he was Eddie's number one target.

I thought it was a good chance he would start. 

Havent really seen that many examples of this easing in of players that people go on about here.

On the Anderson thing. He's still not showed that form in the PL. I'm sure he will but that would have been a canny risk. I'm sure Howe would like him to grasp his opportunity when it arises.

He was never getting in ahead of Joelinton.

One thing that makes me nervous, and I hope I’m completely wrong, is the idea of a midfield three with completely fluid/interchangeable defensive responsibilities. Not really something any elite team does. 

Just now, Guybrush said:

I'm glad Tonali is playing but does anyone feel sorry for Longstaff? [emoji38]

He'll still get loads of games for us, but the lad ran himself into the ground last season and now starts on the bench.

He has missed games during pre season so wonder if he's fully fit yet 

Really nervous now. Thought Brighton would give us a really tough game when they came up here and we just blew them away, hoping we can do the same here. The amount of pace Villa have though is going to be scary on the counter.

1 minute ago, Guybrush said:

I'm glad Tonali is playing but does anyone feel sorry for Longstaff? [emoji38]

He'll still get loads of games for us, but the lad ran himself into the ground last season and now starts on the bench.

Not quite match fit though is he