Manchester City vs. Newcastle United: 19/08/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

10 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

I’d take a Man City loss for a guaranteed 3 points against the bin dippers 

Any day of the week mate. If I see that Klopp grin again... 

Considering how irate all of us get, Eddie must be so in control of his emotions..the guy is a freak! 

2 hours ago, JUICE690 said:

Villa missed open goals twice, City won’t. Not getting carried away with our performance (been bathing in it for days mind) but most sides will lose at the Etihad so as long as we give them a game I’ll be happy.

My take as well. 

Obvs Taggart is talking out of his decrepid arse suggesting they "played us off the park" but they were strong in possession. Just fluffed the major chances. 

Equalised

Missed sitters at 2-1 AND 3-1

Very open game tho so might explain, in part, the stats. 

Clearly were going to cause havoc going forward but we need to keep level heads. 

Howe and the team will. 

There will never be a better time to play them. Early in the season, De Bruyne out, and they'll be tired after a midweek game in Mediterranean heat.

I also wonder whether Pep is quite as on it as previous. Last season, he was hinting at seeking another challenge should they finally land the Champions League, and he's made the error of complaining about having to play us so soon after the Super Cup. Then he gave Haaland a public dressing down at half-time in the Burnley game. The FFP proceedings are coming up, and deep down he must know they're in danger of serious punishment. Does he really want to hang around through all that?

In an ordinary season, I'd dismiss our chances of winning the Premiership, as it now usually needs 90 points. But suppose City slip a bit and it only takes 80 and it's then wide open. I was expecting Liverpool to mount a challenge, but now I'm not so sure. Chelsea have a great squad, but they may take time to find and settle their best team. Man U seem to be permanently stuck in a stage of transition. Arsenal haven't bought well I think. Spurs are probably on the way up again, but it looks too soon for them. All in all, there may be a chance for someone to do a Leicester. 

10 minutes ago, Cronky said:

There will never be a better time to play them. Early in the season, De Bruyne out, and they'll be tired after a midweek game in Mediterranean heat.

I also wonder whether Pep is quite as on it as previous. Last season, he was hinting at seeking another challenge should they finally land the Champions League, and he's made the error of complaining about having to play us so soon after the Super Cup. Then he gave Haaland a public dressing down at half-time in the Burnley game. The FFP proceedings are coming up, and deep down he must know they're in danger of serious punishment. Does he really want to hang around through all that?

In an ordinary season, I'd dismiss our chances of winning the Premiership, as it now usually needs 90 points. But suppose City slip a bit and it only takes 80 and it's then wide open. I was expecting Liverpool to mount a challenge, but now I'm not so sure. Chelsea have a great squad, but they may take time to find and settle their best team. Man U seem to be permanently stuck in a stage of transition. Arsenal haven't bought well I think. Spurs are probably on the way up again, but it looks too soon for them. All in all, there may be a chance for someone to do a Leicester. 

Still hold Arsenal as favorites over us, but they are the only ones(apart from Man City that is).

City dont need to slip though, just rightly punished.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

While I expect City to win, you can guarantee our tactics will be different.

What was the sitter they missed at 2-1 by the way?

The Watkins miss but I think Botman did enough to put him off 

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

This will be the game which tells us whether City will be invincible this season. Normally they would pass around our press quite effectively, but I wonder how they will look after losing de Bruyne and Gundogan?

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Interesting to see the possession stats after this. Used to this being 74-26 or something like this but if we get near 60-40 it's a big sign of progress that we're closer than ever to these. 

Was 56-44 last season. 

I fancy us to win this. Then the media won’t give us the credit we deserve cause of City’s injuries and playing in midweek. But I’m expecting a 3-2 win. We hold on for last 25 minutes, always a threat on the counter with Barnes missing a great chance to put us 4-2 up. 

4 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Unfortunately going straight to pens

Hopefully the pens continue all night and nobody ever misses then.

Want them still taking them tomorrow morning at 9am, with the scores 1427 each.

1 hour ago, Anderson said:

We'll do these, convinced myself of it.

We will see I’m there on Saturday night in the South Stand, I’m glad it’s a high pressure game it brings the best out in us, if we were playing say a West Ham I’d be more concerned tbh

Never feel like we're getting the win against City, but this at least feels like the best time to play them to try and get something out of it.

Worst case though it's over and done with and not going into the end of season run in still needing to get through this fixture.