Newcastle United 1-2 Liverpool (27/08/23)

Yorkie

I fucking hate that. Embarrassing that we couldn't finish them off. How many fucking chances. 

I'm 100% behind Eddie and the players, love them to bits, but that is fucking SHIT. Have to do better. Awful result 

I know we’re not suppose to criticise the manager on here but I think he has to take a lot of the blame for this. We came out after half time with no drive, no aggression, no determination to finish the game off and nothing of his demeanour on the touch line suggested he wasn’t happy with the approach. We’ve just gifted Liverpool 3 points they didn’t deserve because we were cowards. Really shit from Howe!

Embarrassed. 

Could be a huge moment for Howe and the team this year. Lets hope they get back on track next week. 

Finishing that lets us down again. The game should have been out of site. We simply aren't clinical enough, still. 

We were very poor after the red card. So slow and predictable with the ball. 
we only really progressed the ball by running with it not by incisive passing. 
Such a lack of adventure. So sloppy, pedestrian, and uninspiring in the top 3rd.

I think we will sharpen up. Just with sheer bloody minded hard work. 

Bruno and Burn hugely culpable for their 2nd.

You are a good team. But you always have to run at your maximum because you lack creativity in the final third. When your pressing drop, you are in trouble. You need a winger with dribbling and skills (serius mistake sell Saint Maximin).

1 minute ago, Beren said:

Nunez has been fantastic. Great striker.

Newcastle have played so scared the last two weeks. Vaguely pathetic tbh. Said it 1-0 up at the half.

Whether it's Eddie Howe, or the players not executing, they are playing as though they're facing teams two divisions above them. 

A long season left ahead, but the collective jets on bumming Howe and this Newcastle side need serious cooling.

It was the same issue last year, we can outplay the majority or the division but we seem to shit it when a handful of sides try to have a go. We can beat Liverpool and Man City but we flap it every time.