Newcastle United 1-2 Liverpool (27/08/23)

Yorkie

5 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

I know we’re not suppose to criticise the manager on here but I think he has to take a lot of the blame for this. We came out after half time with no drive, no aggression, no determination to finish the game off and nothing of his demeanour on the touch line suggested he wasn’t happy with the approach. We’ve just gifted Liverpool 3 points they didn’t deserve because we were cowards. Really shit from Howe!

Of course, it's bullshit, it was the same with some regards Benitez also. He totally fucked up today and people have every right to state that. It's based on this game not what has happened previously or moving forward. 

3 minutes ago, Numbers said:

We've looked a shadow of the team we were last season in the last two games (albeit one of them against a world class team).

It was the same craic against both teams though. We can control games against sides without the ability to play around our press, but elite quality players will always find it easier to knock it about and nullify our biggest strength. Until we have quality across the board we're not going to be beating the best sides in the world with any regularity.

Im just fucking pissed, they should know that they will do the ball over the top on Nunez. They always do and what happened. They did it, and our defense is just fucking slow, and Bruno man what the fuck. Fuck, this actually hurts.

The thing about this Liverpool team is they have such dangerous options further up the pitch.

Once we hadn't got a second, and I saw Jota and Nunez coming on, felt so uncomfortable.

1 minute ago, christ said:

All on Eddie that unfortunately. Substitutions were terrible. Seemed like they were preplanned an in reaction to anything on the pitch.

Aye, right about the pre-planned subs. Tonali was exactly the kind of player we needed in those last few minutes to control the midfield, but no, gotta give Longstaff more match minutes.

Awful.. but let's not get carried away. No idea what Bruno was thinking, Also Burn was so fucking slow keeping the line, he was stood watching Nunez making the run.

Edited by mofo

Just now, KaKa said:

The thing about this Liverpool team is they have such dangerous options further up the pitch.

Once we hadn't got a second, and I saw Jota and Nunez coming on, felt so uncomfortable.

Indeed - which makes it even more difficult to explain why the manager instructed the players to stand off them let them have possession. 

No FFP and we buy a right winger who does not cut inside or simply stop and pass it back. We wanted Diaby or Szobo. FFP said no.

If we do better down the right, I think it would make enough of a difference/margin to come out winners here.

Dunno what to say , I fancied us to go on and bury these but we sat back when it didn’t happen and invited them onto us .

Struggling to muster a comment on this . 

Still love them , always will, fuck me we always make things hard . 

Reality check .