AC Milan vs Newcastle United 19/09/23 @ 17:45 (TNT Sports)

Paully

12 minutes ago, TRon said:

Relatively speaking. Giroud is over the hill but still a dangerous striker. Pulisic was a player who was playing for Chelsea last season, Leao is fantastic, and you have Hernandez and Jovic.

It's not Man City or PSG, but we are still playing Anderson, Longstaff and Murphy so just don't want to get above ourselves personally.

I'll give you Leao but the rest, pff. Their squad is pretty ropey at the minute, half their team is the Chelsea bench from the 2020/21 season.

I agree that they're favourites but I think the occasion is more likely to be our undoing rather than their team.

Remarkably zen about the whole thing today. Got absolutely nothing to lose, or fear. (That said, as I type this, a sudden fear of us being battered every single game has crept up out of nowhere :lol: )

Think our lads will be so up for this, and we'll give them a hell of a game.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Man, I find the whole thing incredibly sad.

Should be an opportunity to go abroad and have a good time watching the match and enjoy some light hearted banter with the locals if anything.

Instead people are getting knifed over football. My God.

Football hooliganism is fucking Neanderthal behavior.

1 minute ago, Jonas said:

I'm less confident after their weekend result than before. Hate playing teams after such a damaging loss for the redoubled efforts and response.

But its all a bonus so what they hey.

Could also flip it and say that they'll be going for a result to make up for the weekend result - they could always crumble under the pressure.

Very surprised about Murphy getting the nod over Almiron. I wonder if he’s picked up something very minor and they don’t want to risk him even though it’s likely nothing serious. Just seems a very left field decision (right field in this case)