AC Milan vs Newcastle United 19/09/23 @ 17:45 (TNT Sports)

Paully

13 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

We’ll do these. They look all over the place defensively. Not sure an ageing Giroud could cope with our intensity. All set up for a smash and grab. 

Keep leao quiet and we have to have a good chance. Rest are a bit old/shit. Thinking £10 on almiron fgs and theo booking, will be a canny price

8 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Keep leao quiet and we have to have a good chance. Rest are a bit old/shit. Thinking £10 on almiron fgs and theo booking, will be a canny price

Loftus-Cheek, Pulisic and Giroud are nothing better than what we’d beat week to week in the Prem. We’ll do the double on them, bring back their banter era and they’ll hate us and Cardinale even more. Where’s that Milan guy that told us categorically we weren’t getting Tonali?

26 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

We’ll do these. They look all over the place defensively. Not sure an ageing Giroud could cope with our intensity. All set up for a smash and grab. 

What intensity?  Been a bit lacking of late to be fair.   I'm wondering whether our form is reflective of last season when we got to the final and our form went down, is CL football distracting us?

6 minutes ago, NSG said:

Love Tonali to bag one and give it the big’un with fake tears celebration 

Nah hope he goes full Marco Tardelli on them then adds a knee slide in the rain, badge kiss and a shush. 

Edited by Joelinton7

Just now, 1964 said:

What intensity?  Been a bit lacking of late to be fair.   I'm wondering whether our form is reflective of last season when we got to the final and our form went down, is CL football distracting us?

It has been missing a little to be sure. We saw it v Villa but it was certainly missing from City, Brighton and most Liverpool. Came back a little v Brentford. Hopefully the bright lights of San Siro will fully ignite it. 

57 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Thought he was terrible again yesterday, thank god leao is on the other side. Mind that weak as piss yank will still tear him apart

he wasn't terrible and made some good tackles but every team we've played has targeted that area. Sky showed a stat showing something like 70% of Brentford's attacks came down that side

2 minutes ago, 1964 said:

If you look back at the start of last season we stuttered a bit at the start. For all we were better than, we didn't exactly purr against Wolves,Palace or Bournemouth.

It's still early season, things take some smoothing out and we haven't hit our stride yet.

2 hours ago, Greg said:

Flying out after work Monday night. 7:25am flight back from Milan Wednesday morning and then heading straight into the office. Seemed like a good idea at the time. 

Hopefully see you out there.

I would have had virtually no excitement for this if we hadn't got a positive result yesterday. As it happens, a real weight has been lifted, and their terrible result will give our players an additional lift too.

I really hope we don't approach it like we approached the League Cup final. We're not beneath this competition at all. Maccabi Haifa beat Juventus last season; Sheriff Tiraspol won in the Bernebeu the year before. No need for any pre-match poems and acting like this tournament only belongs to half a dozen or so teams.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I would have had virtually no excitement for this if we hadn't got a positive result yesterday. As it happens, a real weight has been lifted, and their terrible result will give our players an additional lift too.

I really hope we don't approach it like we approached the League Cup final. We're not beneath this competition at all. Maccabi Haifa beat Juventus last season; Sheriff Tiraspol won in the Bernebeu the year before. No need for any pre-match poems and acting like this tournament only belongs to half a dozen or so teams.

Was pleased to read earlier today that we aren't even going to do the customary train at the host ground the night before - treating it like a normal game - in and out and maximising time for player recovery etc. 

Any suggestions on a lively place I could take the bairn to watch it? 

Debating shearers as I haven't got a clue where else I can take her, don't fancy just sitting in the hoose. 

Edited by Wilson

17 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Any suggestions on a lively place I could take the bairn to watch it? 

Debating shearers as I haven't got a clue where else I can take her, don't fancy just sitting in the hoose. 

Wonderbar?

22 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Can not wait for this, journey starts with a 5:30am train tomorrow!

San Siro was the one place I wanted to visit this season, especially when it looked set to be knocked down.

What’s your travel routes?