Sheffield United 0-8 Newcastle United (24/09/23)

Disco

7 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Honestly mate I thought they were terrible. Their keeper was flapping about all over the place.They were leaving gaps everywhere, no communication, no organisation, and by the end they had no fight. It’s the worst tactical performance I’ve seen, I said as such at half time and was thinking this around the half hour mark.

Yeah, I hear you, but I just have no time for it!

We scored 8 goals with 8 different scorers away from home today. Never been done before in history by teams better than us against worse teams than this.

That is the story today for me. 

Massive week for us that. A momentum shifting win v Brentford, a valuable point away to Milan and found our shooting boots (and the rest) v Sheff United. Nine scored, three clean sheets and confidence is surely sky high.

The only slight concern is I hope Barnes' injury isn't too bad, he looked goosed.

Edited by The Prophet

Just now, The Prophet said:

Massive week for us that. A momentum shifting win v Brentford, a valuable point away to Milan and found out shooting boots (and the rest) v Sheff United. Nine scored, three clean sheets and confidence is surely sky high.

The only slight concern is I hope Barnes' injury isn't too bad, he looked goosed.

Good sign at least that he walked off the pitch and wasn’t airlifted to hospital. 

Even before our first goal, I was amazed at how much time and space we were getting in their half.

I hadn't realised that Heckingbottom's job had been under threat, with all the Chris Wilder rumours. That sort of thing is almost bound to affect a manager's state of mind, and subsequently his team's performance. They didn't seem to play with any belief.

Just now, Cronky said:

Even before our first goal, I was amazed at how much time and space we were getting in their half.

I hadn't realised that Heckingbottom's job had been under threat, with all the Chris Wilder rumours. That sort of thing is almost bound to affect a manager's state of mind, and subsequently his team's performance. They didn't seem to play with any belief.

First 10 I wasn't happy how much time and space they were getting.

12 minutes ago, prefabtoon said:

Sean Longstaff.

Started three games in eight days - running over 10km each game.

Played 90 minutes at the San Siro.

Opened the scoring at Bramall Lane.

99% pass completion rate.

Sean Longstaff.

Decent effort but there's no way that chant is taking off :iamatwat:

I think we were fortunate today with that result.  We still had the same issues at the start of the game.  Once we scored, then another, they just lost confidence.  I don't mean to be negative but I just don't like our current system.  Eddie will resolve it, we can't maintain this half pres half possession based system.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think we were fortunate today with that result.  We still had the same issues at the start of the game.  Once we scored, then another, they just lost confidence.  I don't mean to be negative but I just don't like our current system.  Eddie will resolve it, we can't maintain this half pres half possession based system.

Erm…

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Fortunate to win 8 nil ...

I have officially seen and heard everything now!

:laugh:

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

We battered them. Just enjoy the evening man, it doesn't get much better

3 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I don't think you can be fortunate to win 8-0 like :lol: 

3 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

:facepalm: