LCR4: Manchester United vs. Newcastle United - 01/11/23 @ 20:15 (Sky Sports)

1 hour ago, BShearer said:

will be honest, I would throw this game as next round we would just draw Arsenal or Liverpool. after City and Man United... almost as unreal draw as the CL group.

there are PL clubs yet to face a PL club in Carabao we have City and United...

also if United goes through it helps us in a way to keep them tired later on.

I also expect City to nick the win tomorrow in the manchester derby meaning Ten  Hag will want to bounce back vs Newcastle and use a stronger line up.

'United' :dowiespin:

We really shouldn’t be making too many changes for this. It’s only October ffs. Give Tripps, Burn and Miggy a rest and have Willock on the left and Gordon on the right. I will be livid if we effectively throw this game. This lot are there for the taking right now.

27 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

No chance, he's out for another 3 weeks.

Glandular fever 

Might be sooner than that. Howe said last week that he would be out for four weeks but he was already two weeks into that. 

Whether he can jump straight back in after that like, I’d not be so sure?

Pretty damning on our u21s if none of them can get on the bench for the Wolves game with 2 keepers or are likely to play any real part in this game.

It seems we have some decent u19/18s, so hopefully some of them can make the step up in a few years.

40 minutes ago, SteV said:

Might be sooner than that. Howe said last week that he would be out for four weeks but he was already two weeks into that. 

Whether he can jump straight back in after that like, I’d not be so sure?

If him - Anderson and Isak are back after the break I’ll take that - hopefully sees us to Jan

No chance Howe makes that many changes, especially position wise.

I'm really afraid of us playing Wilson in this game. Just leave him out and save him for the Arsenal and Dortmund games.

I had a feeling in the summer transfer window that when we were only going to rely on Wilson and Isak as our strikers, it was going to be Isak who would pick up injuries instead of Wilson. We needed a 3rd striker but of course FFP and all that shit.

I’m not even sure what sort of team

we’ll be able to put out. I’m guessing Hall, Livramento, maybe even Richie will all start. 

It’s a massive shame Anderson, Miley, Barnes are all injured because they would be guaranteed starters. Proper bare bones for us now. 

12 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I’m not even sure what sort of team

we’ll be able to put out. I’m guessing Hall, Livramento, maybe even Richie will all start. 

It’s a massive shame Anderson, Miley, Barnes are all injured because they would be guaranteed starters. Proper bare bones for us now. 

Yeah squad is stretched to the max currently, even some of the younger lads missing like Miley. I think we have to half sacrifice this game to focus on Arsenal and Dortmund and we have B’mouth after that before the international break which is a must win really in relation to top 4/5. Just play a squad side and give players a run out like Hall etc who need minutes. His knows who he’ll play upfront, Gordon?

Edited by ExiledGeordie

I’m guessing they will make a fair few changes and all? They’ve had injuries of their own and have also been playing in Europe. Plus they have the small task of dealing with City, today. Then after our game, the early KO on Saturday, followed by a trip to Denmark the week after. 

Like St1pe says. Not sure what sort of team we can actually put out. But Wilson, Bruno, Trippier, Schar will all come out, you’d have thought. Quite a few others look like they need a rest. But they will probably have to start as we are so light on numbers. 

Dummett, Hall, Targett, Livramento, Willock all to come in? 

No idea what the team will look like on Wednesday night but you'd imagine the likes of Dummett, Ritchie, Hall, Livramento, Willock will come in. 

Really hard to see us progressing with the injury situation and all that.