Newcastle United vs. Paris Saint-Germain - 4/10/23 @ 8:00pm (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

We need to be hard pressing like we're always good at. Have that anderenaline rushing and it'll pump up the crowd that would already have been making loud noises. Hopefully the atmosphere can be contained throughout the game and not just the start of the match.

Obviously, I want us to win but just making sure we give them a good game and be competitive until the end would do.

Edited by nufcjb

Emotions kicking in now after seeing a few of the clips of the last page. Time to start blaring the champions league music to wake the kids up and sit and watch the clock for the next 10 hours. 

Work right next to SJP, hoping we’ll hear some rehearsals of the music 😊

2 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

For whatever little it's worth, Oddschecker has us slight favourites to win this game, and 8th-10th favourites to win the whole competition. Couple of seasons ago we were odds-on to be relegated to the Championship. Happy times.

8-10th favourites, jesus. I know it’s just betting odds but it’s amazing how little time it’s taken for people to click that we’re extremely dangerous. I can’t think of another club that could have been relegation fodder for years and then in the space of 18 months be in the champions league and considered a top 10 side in it. I don’t think of us as a top 10 side in the competition.

I know the fact we’re the richest club in the world artificially inflates how we’re perceived at the present moment but I think we’ve got a real chance of getting out of this group 

59 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

It would have been to have Ben Arfa there too who deserves a good reaction for all he did for us

paris might not be so keen on him however lol 

Wouldn’t bet against him having a ticket for tonight. Can’t remember what game he was just sat in the normal seats after he’d fell out with Pardew.