Newcastle United 4-1 Paris Saint-Germain (04/10/23)

Disco

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

We celebrated that win too much.

That attitude can get in the fucking bin.

The best bit about football is the unbridled joy a good win brings. I only watched the game on the TV but I celebrated like an absolute loon and loved every second of it.

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

That attitude can get in the fucking bin.

The best bit about football is the unbridled joy a good win brings. I only watched the game on the TV but I celebrated like an absolute loon and loved every second of it.

Might be just me, but think he was joking....though it is stiffles so can see why you bit ?

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Might be just me, but think he was joking....though it is stiffles so can see why you bit ?

That wasn't at Stifler, he was quoting Liverpool fans saying that, wasn't he? Previous page and CBA to go back but I was criticising the mentality, not suggesting he thought like that.

Liverpool fan taking it well.

"If you’ve just landed back in the country from Mars, Newcastle haven’t won fuck all. They haven’t won the Champions League, or even the UEFA Intertoto Cup. They’ve won a football match. A group match. They’re not through to anything but the TV darlings are deserving everything.
And they waved their plastic flags and they had a nice little Hello Hello  and they took their shirts off and they won a match. And they reckon their atmosphere is the best and the superlatives haven’t stopped and they did a lap of honour.
If you didn’t see the noisy PSG fans who kept shouting for their team throughout, they were stuck up in the Gods because Riyad United don’t like competition. They don’t like a level playing field and in fact they haven’t got one.
They’re at the same point we were probably in 1965 .The Racket that was produced by the Kop during the the Inter match can’t even be compared to their manufactured boistrous plastic flag waving last night.
 True they showed passion and that was to be expected but they’re like teenagers on a first date. Like the Bluenoses in their famous European night against Bayern Munic back in 1985.
 And if they’re teenagers on a first date, then we’ve been married to the competition for nearly 60 years. It’s hard for our lot to get aroused in the group stages, but beejeesus, nobody needs to teach us about passion on  the big nights. There’s no place like Anfield.
When this lot have got a few European scalps to their name and have played some important semi-finals and finals , and there’s no doubt they will with all the money they’ve got, we’ll see  what St James’s Park is like for the group stage games.
Bless them. They’re excited.  But remember, the daft gets have only won a group stage match. How can we be jealous of this lot"

14 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

"If you’ve just landed back in the country from Mars, Newcastle haven’t won fuck all. They haven’t won the Champions League, or even the UEFA Intertoto Cup. They’ve won a football match. A group match. They’re not through to anything but the TV darlings are deserving everything.
And they waved their plastic flags and they had a nice little Hello Hello  and they took their shirts off and they won a match. And they reckon their atmosphere is the best and the superlatives haven’t stopped and they did a lap of honour.
If you didn’t see the noisy PSG fans who kept shouting for their team throughout, they were stuck up in the Gods because Riyad United don’t like competition. They don’t like a level playing field and in fact they haven’t got one.
They’re at the same point we were probably in 1965 .The Racket that was produced by the Kop during the the Inter match can’t even be compared to their manufactured boistrous plastic flag waving last night.
 True they showed passion and that was to be expected but they’re like teenagers on a first date. Like the Bluenoses in their famous European night against Bayern Munic back in 1985.
 And if they’re teenagers on a first date, then we’ve been married to the competition for nearly 60 years. It’s hard for our lot to get aroused in the group stages, but beejeesus, nobody needs to teach us about passion on  the big nights. There’s no place like Anfield.
When this lot have got a few European scalps to their name and have played some important semi-finals and finals , and there’s no doubt they will with all the money they’ve got, we’ll see  what St James’s Park is like for the group stage games.
Bless them. They’re excited.  But remember, the daft gets have only won a group stage match. How can we be jealous of this lot"

7 paragraphs but they’re not jealous :lol:

13 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

'Ohh we're such big boys we don't need to celebrate!'

Screenshot_20231005_153600_Brave.thumb.jpg.c6298de308d915145975046f169640f5.jpg

Better not celebrate a single solitary thing unless the custodians of everything righteous and good in the world has permitted.

Get to fuck you bunch of pretentious cunts, enjoy the waffa cup the neet.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Now allowed for CL games it seems…

Yeah. The Milan highlights on co.uk dont have commentary. 

One thing I noticed is how much corporate wank there is with UEFA. Not allowed to play Local Hero, has to UEFA's non descript music. Not allowed NUFC commentary on our own fucking game on our website, gotta shift ST holders for UEFA delegates. Can imagine there's tonnes of banal, irritating shit behind the scenes too. 

Not really mentioned much about PSG, but by fuck where they poor for a team that has spent so much money and have arguably the best player on the planet, and while I expect them to beat us in the reverse fixture, they are the epitome of a team full of individuals, who are so used to just getting everything they want in Ligue 1, that they feel they can do it at Champions League level. One thing that I think summed them up was the reaction of the PSG players around Burns goal, as it comes off Lascelles, they all just stop, and look at the ref like the expectant little children, this despite the ball landing in Brunos direction, allowing him a free shot on goal. They are are never going to win the Champions League if they continue with mentality they showed last night. 

The relative weakness of the league will always be an issue for PSG. There’s at least 8 sides in the Prem that would run them close in that league.

We have to play a higher standard of football more regularly, the form and momentum of our wins in the league shouldn’t be underestimated. Whereas they are expected to beat everyone as a minimum. 

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

Not really mentioned much about PSG, but by fuck where they poor for a team that has spent so much money and have arguably the best player on the planet, and while I expect them to beat us in the reverse fixture, they are the epitome of a team full of individuals, who are so used to just getting everything they want in Ligue 1, that they feel they can do it at Champions League level. One thing that I think summed them up was the reaction of the PSG players around Burns goal, as it comes off Lascelles, they all just stop, and look at the ref like the expectant little children, this despite the ball landing in Brunos direction, allowing him a free shot on goal. They are are never going to win the Champions League if they continue with mentality they showed last night. 

Same for the Longy goal, complete laziness. 

We’ll not find the rest of games so easy now, we’ve arrived

Liverpool fans cannot bring themselves to say we'll played great atmosphere. There just jealous as owt about everything that's not about them and have to stick there oar in. There like that little fifty year old at arsenal ? with the headphones on. 

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

How many times have we watched the highlights today then?

I reckon I'm on double figures. I'm also watching the entire thing again tonight. The full match build up, half time and post match analysis. The lot. 

32 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

"I don't care! I don't care so much I'm gonna use several hundred words to show you just how much I don't care."

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

France basically play the same four lads up top doing fuck all. It's such a shame players like mbappe who is still early twenties has no workrate to his game almost like the money has gone to his head.