Manchester United 0-3 Newcastle United (01/11/23)

Disco

1 hour ago, South-Cheshire-Toon said:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but praise must go to Gordon for 'running' into fat Harry maguire, thus stopping him getting to willock.

Something I've noticed us do quite a bit. Tonali for Bruno to cross for Burn against PSG, Wilson to buy Longstaff an extra bit of time against Palace.

Its very bright. Even though they wouldn't have stopped the cross/shot coming in the fraction of a seconds difference can help with the composure and measuring of said cross/shot - such a small thing that could make all the difference.

17 hours ago, 54 said:

@Froggy

Newcastle United GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

* Second time i've done this, but I find it funny :lol: 

The game finished at 6:15am in this side of the world so I thought to send this GIF to around 12 ManU supporting mates followed by ‘good morning’. Petty but after all the shit they’ve given me over the years (especially after the cup final) they had it coming. :D

11 minutes ago, Dyeyzzon said:

The game finished at 6:15am in this side of the world so I thought to send this GIF to around 12 ManU supporting mates followed by ‘good morning’. Petty but after all the shit they’ve given me over the years (especially after the cup final) they had it coming. :D

IMG_2986.thumb.jpeg.0e0d3be5b85e2f2daf9b430ca9bc39a4.jpeg

Reflecting on this now it was such a weird game like. You look at our line up, you see the result, and the natural reaction is to think 'wow, those Newcastle players must have played out of their skin and Man United must have had an off day', but the surreal thing about it is that it was more than anything, very easy for that team Eddie put out. He had them set up perfectly, Man United did play badly, but the players performed well within their ability and they were comfortable and in control without breaking a sweat. 

Livramento and Joelinton were probably our best players and didn't really need to put in anything beyond a 7/10 performance in the grand scheme of things. 

I could absolutely get used to matches like that like, but it sort of feels like I'm in a lucid dream tbh and our players played like they were as well, just floating about doing what they needed to do with no fuss. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I love how Man United being shit is still talked about like it's surprising among pundits and fan podcasters. They've been shit off and on for 10 years, even when they've succeeded in relative terms, they've never really looked good, their best periods have been as a counter attacking team.

On - just enough for their fans and ex-players to get ahead of themselves and arrogantly hype up how good they are and how they're going to challenge 

Then off - to make all of that arrogance and hype come crashing down nothing short of hilarious until the next time it happens 

Man United are the Liverpool of the 90s. A team that the youngest generations will be wondering why anyone's talking about this much

Last point is a good one. My boy (7) never ever mentions them in broader discussion about football, he’s clearly a bit mystified by it all.

I’ll be amazed if Mount becomes a quality player for Man U. I don’t think he’s utterly useless but I think he’s a disaster in a team that doesn’t have a structure. He’s a world apart from being a central midfielder. He’s not creative enough to be a playmaker and not physical enough to link play in transition reliably. Realistically I think his only hope of having a career at a high level is as a goal scorer in a support striker type role. However, this can only be effective in teams where they stretch the opposition and he gets time on the ball in the twenty five yards area outside goal. Such a niche player who offers barely anything in a lot of set ups 

39 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

It's also worth pointing out that last night, was only our 2nd win at Old Trafford in my lifetime. :)

I'm now aged 50.

I think I've said this before but I am always shocked by your age. I always had you down as a pensioner. Forgive me, my bad.

2 hours ago, pedro111 said:

I think I've said this before but I am always shocked by your age. I always had you down as a pensioner. Forgive me, my bad.

In many ways hes older than me.......and I'm 56. (3 Old Trafford wins on my watch)

Edited by madras

Gordon does class for all three goals;

1st - run takes away a defender 
2nd - doesn’t let slab heed get a free header by jumping into him
3rd - run blocks slab heed moving to close down Willock 

He’s class!

Does anyone thing it was a coincidence that we had the midfield quartet of Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff and Willock all in tandem again? I know Willock's not officially playing as a midfielder, but in reality he pitches in everywhere.

Man U midfield was just basically hunted down.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Does anyone thing it was a coincidence that we had the midfield quartet of Bruno, Joelinton, Longstaff and Willock all in tandem again? I know Willock's not officially playing as a midfielder, but in reality he pitches in everywhere.

Man U midfield was just basically hunted down.

It's no coincidence...they work well together. Probably our best line up. Longstaff is getting better every game, and isn't far away from being an essential component 

Edited by gjohnson