Newcastle United vs. Arsenal: 4/11/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Having a scan of some of their fans' comments, excluding the Sheff U thumping, sounds as if they've been a bit stale going forward and have put in some strange performances on the ball. Perhaps Sheff U will unlock something for them but it feels like this could be a tight one.

2-2.

Everything is telling me 1-1 but I'm hoping we can nick in front of a vociferous home crowd. We have a mounting injury list but still the core of the team that finished 4th last season, we have enough quality, especially with Willock back against his old club.

Last season, I wanted us to beat these so badly. Nothing's changed. I still so badly want to beat these, hate the arrogant cunt Arteta. Nothing against Arsenal players or the team but hate Arteta and their fans. Said it many times, I hate that AARRSS NALLL ARRSS NAAALLL  AARRSS NAAALL chant so much it makes my ears bleed. Worse chant of any clubs in the league.

Edited by nufcjb

4 hours ago, relámpago blanco said:

I'd start Tino for this and trips left back so we have some pace but we won't and it'll be the team above.

Yea I'd be intrigued to see this. Can't see it happening and BDB doesn't deserve to be dropped. But I would like to see how this plays out...

Been so looking forward to this week of games since the CL draw. Part one complete in style, if we can do a number on Arsenal our confidence levels would be through the roof for Dortmund. Bring it on! 

11 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Last season, I wanted us to beat these so badly. Nothing's changed. I still so badly want to beat these, hate the arrogant cunt Arteta. Nothing against Arsenal players or the team but hate Arteta and their fans. Said it many times, I hate that AARRSS NALLL ARRSS NAAALLL  AARRSS NAAALL chant so much it makes my ears bleed. Worse chant of any clubs in the league.

Nowhere near as bad as “Chelsea Chelsea chelseaaaaa chelsea” but a close second. 

1 hour ago, Billy Warthog said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this one, but I have a feeling we could get something out of it. Would be astonished if we got another big win though

Really ? The only thing that would astonish me would be us taking a hiding.

We’ll have to defend down the sides a lot better than we did against Dortmund against this lot, if we’re that open again we get beat by a couple of goals.

We need Bruno and Joelinton on top of their game to win this, then hope the football gods smile on us.

Big ask would snap your hand off for a point now .

Fingers crosssed for Bruno. They did a lot of damage down our right side last year, so I hope we can play Longstaff right and Bruno central.

Burn tends to get comically skinned once a game, usually early doors, but is otherwise solid and doesn't worry me. I think he's much weaker at CH.

Both Joes were great on Wednesday, so a difficult decision there. 

5 hours ago, madras said:

Really ? The only thing that would astonish me would be us taking a hiding.

In so far as Arsenal are on a very good run of form. I don’t think they’re a team that will be rolled over.

Quite happy to be proven wrong on this one! 

7 hours ago, Stottie said:

Fingers crosssed for Bruno. They did a lot of damage down our right side last year, so I hope we can play Longstaff right and Bruno central.

Burn tends to get comically skinned once a game, usually early doors, but is otherwise solid and doesn't worry me. I think he's much weaker at CH.

Both Joes were great on Wednesday, so a difficult decision there. 

Not sure it is that difficult for this one.

as good as little Joe was, Howe will not start him twice in a week after the injury he’s had. We’ll see him 65-70 mins in

57 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I always hated that ‘CAM ON [insert club name]’ chant beloved of London / Southern clubs generally.  Always sounds so fucking whiny. 

Nothing will ever be worse than '... We're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen'