Newcastle United 1-0 Arsenal (04/11/23) - Post match reaction from p. 46

Yorkie

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

We get to see the VAR officials playing with the feed.  Rewinding it etc. 

We get to see some, not all angles. They have even said that 1 person will look at 1 angles, and someone else will look at others.

Just now, Stifler said:

We get to see some, not all angles. They have even said that 1 person will look at 1 angles, and someone else will look at others.

Ok - I’ll have to take your word for it.  I get the international broadcast, and they’ve said it on there that we can see the same as they’re seeing; but that may not be true

43 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Dermot Gallagher is saying on the PL website that they didn’t have the camera angle to chalk it off

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3768927

Dermot Gallagher isn’t associated with the Premier League and left before VAR came in.

His comments on there is not from a position within the Premier League, but a quotation of what he said on TV during or after the game.

I also wouldn’t trust him if he looked at his watch and told me the time.

Edited by Stifler

Proper chuffed with this, the game only became niggly after Havertz tried to do Longy, thankful this moment actually energised us. 

Arsenal monumentally stupid for wanting to play a game against us involving bravery and commitment, it’s one they would never win against us. 

5 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHA WHAT A STUPID PLASTIC FACED MONOBROWED WANKER.  @Rod WHAT YOU DRINKING TONIGHT BROTHER

Sorry for the late reply.  I'm on a golfing holiday in Turkey with my mates (yes honestly I have mates).  Watched the game in our hotel with a few Arsenal fans.  Great atmosphere and friendly banter.  I had a mixture of beers (efes) and white wine.  Can't remember much actually, ha ha.

They shithoused their win at SJP last season, so just desserts this time.

Their striker did even less than Wilson, and the keeper they probably didn't need missed the vital cross. That should be enough for self-reflection, not blaming everyone else.

I've seen the clip of Ian Wright going on about if they don't have the technology or it's not conclusive enough then they shouldn't give the goal, also seen a few Arsenal fans say this on YouTube

Utterly baffling that they can't grasp the simple concept that the goal was given by the linseman and referee, to then disallow the goal they would need conclusive proof to show it should be disallowed. Not having that doesn't mean you chalk the goal off, that's absurd

Obviously biased, but it did look to me that Gabriel was leaning forward to head the ball away and Joelinton's push didn't really affect the trajectory of his body. In the end they went with the initial decision on the field, so everyone can gripe, complain and cry all day long about VAR, but in the end all three points of contention were inconclusive, and in that case, it was correct to go with the decision on the field. To me, Havertz should have received a second yellow, and Bruno should have gotten a yellow for his forearm to the head. To me that incident almost looked like he was trying to get past him and use the arm to block him off, but got his head instead. I don't think it was that big a blow in any case so a yellow should have been given, and that would have perhaps calmed him down a bit for the rest of the game. Arsenal didn't lose out on 3 points like they're whining about - at most they missed out on 2 points.

1 minute ago, doublecrown said:

Obviously biased, but it did look to me that Gabriel was leaning forward to head the ball away and Joelinton's push didn't really affect the trajectory of his body. In the end they went with the initial decision on the field, so everyone can gripe, complain and cry all day long about VAR, but in the end all three points of contention were inconclusive, and in that case, it was correct to go with the decision on the field. To me, Havertz should have received a second yellow, and Bruno should have gotten a yellow for his forearm to the head. To me that incident almost looked like he was trying to get past him and use the arm to block him off, but got his head instead. I don't think it was that big a blow in any case so a yellow should have been given, and that would have perhaps calmed him down a bit for the rest of the game. Arsenal didn't lose out on 3 points like they're whining about - at most they missed out on 2 points.

1 point surely?

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

Dermot Gallagher isn’t associated with the Premier League and left before VAR came in.

His comments on there is not from a position within the Premier League, but a quotation of what he said on TV during or after the game.

I also wouldn’t trust him if he looked at his watch and told me the time.

Again, it’s an international feed that he speaks on, but he usually states that he’s spoken to directly.  Remember that the international feed comes direct from the Premier League itself - he’s not talking on Sky - hence why his comments on are the official PL website.  Unless of course the PL is looking to contradict and lie about the officials it uses, like. 

AFTV videos appear more levelheaded about the game than the professional pundits. All they the pundits want to talk about VAR and drum up the controversy. 

The AFTV vids I watched seem more focused on their shortcomings, while acknowledging that winning away at St. James’ is a hard ask.  Both sides were tired, missed key players, and offered next to nothing going forward.  

Looking forward to playing Arsenal over the next few years. Some bad blood brewing between the squads. 

8 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

AFTV videos appear more levelheaded about the game than the professional pundits. All they the pundits want to talk about VAR and drum up the controversy. 

The AFTV vids I watched seem more focused on their shortcomings, while acknowledging that winning away at St. James’ is a hard ask.  Both sides were tired, missed key players, and offered next to nothing going forward.  

Looking forward to playing Arsenal over the next few years. Some bad blood brewing between the squads. 

Yeah, I've watched a few clips and in a lot of them the main point they have raised is that they didn't create a chance and in general this season their chance creation has dipped

That's exactly why lego head went on his rant, he probably expected to be asked about his team not creating a chance and the reason for it, rather than deal with it he went with deflection

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

1 point surely?

Yes, without the goal they likely would have gotten 1 point, but everyone is moaning (Arteta included) that the decision cost them 3 points). I didn't word it very well, but when I said 2 points it was just the math of 3 minus 1.

Has anyone sent Arteta another box of tissues, word has it he’s still crying of the injustice of his team getting beat by the better team, even though Havertz should of been sent off for a two footed lunge at an opponent, which I think is a disgrace, disgusting and embarrassing that Arteta doesn’t want to talk about it.

2 hours ago, Stottie said:

They shithoused their win at SJP last season, so just desserts this time.

Their striker did even less than Wilson, and the keeper they probably didn't need missed the vital cross. That should be enough for self-reflection, not blaming everyone else.

It's "deserts," man.  As in, what they deserve.

Desserts is like peach cobbler or tiramisu. Or, er, stottie cakes.

22 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Has anyone sent Arteta another box of tissues, word has it he’s still crying of the injustice of his team getting beat by the better team, even though Havertz should of been sent off for a two footed lunge at an opponent, which I think is a disgrace, disgusting and embarrassing that Arteta doesn’t want to talk about it.

Arsenal will win fuck all, and absolutely no questions will be asked about why he’s spent an absolute boatload and they are still no closer to you lot. 

The mass hysteria about that goal since has been stupid. 

The contentious point was if the ball was out. It wasn’t. 

In real time the Joelinton and Gabriel coming together is nothing. Super slow mo it looks like it could be but you can’t start ruling goals out for that or no one would ever score from a corner for example. 

Wolves have had worse decisions about 3 weeks in a row with far less uproar. That Schar pen for one.