Newcastle United 4-1 Chelsea (25/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 27 | Goal-posts: OP

Yorkie

An Eddie and Bruno masterclass. Every starter put in a great shift. Big Jow and Jamaal made up for lapses in the first half with a couple of well take goals, Rapt for them. 

Injury always opens opportunity and we have found a couple of stars in Tino and Miley.  

So happy with that,  very satisfying. Nothing I love more than beating this lot and Man United.

At 1-1 and with Joelinton missing an open goal, it had a bad feeling about it. Easy to forget that despite the injury crisis, when we have a coherent team out we're really fucking good. We won that in 2nd gear as well, Chelsea are absolute bums and didn't even deserve their goal.

Pope: 6

Trippier: 7.5

Lascelles: 7

Schär: 7.5

Livramento: 7.5

Joelinton: 7.5

Bruno: 8.5

Miley: 8

Gordon: 8.5

Isak: 8

Almiron: 7

Edited by Kid Icarus

I wonder how long it would take for Chelsea to actually go back to being regular Chelsea again?  How many mid table seasons are required to shed the lucrative sponsors and millions of plastics from around the globe.  Maybe they’ve had so much success over the previous 15 years that’s never going to happen …

Just now, Turnbull2000 said:

Incredible result under the circumstances. I'm dreading resuming 3 games a week. Would be happy to write off CL now tbh, but we don't even have a second string available.

When did we as a fanbase become so wet? Honestly. It’s the Champions’ League. 

4 minutes ago, BShearer said:

crazy schedule, PSG and United next 2 games, will be honest I would happily accept a loss vs PSG if a win is guaranteed vs United. CL group imo is pretty much fucked for us, but I do think we can maybe finish ahead of Spurs, Vill, Brighton, United in the league...

image.png.d70ddbcac48243cf43d0b87d6c014a0d.png

Great win. Probably being reactionary but I’ve got serious doubts over Pope this season. Think he should have at least dived for Sterling’s goal and then nearly gave one away in the first half. If we’re moving to a more possession based style, he’s just not the keeper for it. 

Thought Miley was brilliant today. Kid has so much composure for a 17 year old and constantly showing and asking for ball. Hell of a spot for that Isak pass. 

2 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Incredible result under the circumstances. I'm dreading resuming 3 games a week. Would be happy to write off CL now tbh, but we don't even have a second string available.

You know you’re not playing?  Let the super fit athletes who are worry about that :) 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Pretty embarrassing result for Chelsea. Enormous credit to Howe for an exceptional result but Poch should really be starting to answer some questions about how he hasn’t fashioned a side out of the hundreds of players he has 

True, but they have literally just been thrown together, reminds me of Forest last season. 

They don't seem to have a core of original players or players that have played together for a number of years.

Their new owner literally thought he was on FM just searching wonderkids.

Just now, Jordan said:

Great win. Probably being reactionary but I’ve got serious doubts over Pope this season. Think he should have at least dived for Sterling’s goal and then nearly gave one away in the first half. If we’re moving to a more possession based style, he’s just not the keeper for it. 

Thought Miley was brilliant today. Kid has so much composure for a 17 year old and constantly showing and asking for ball. Hell of a spot for that Isak pass. 

I'm OK with Pope. You have to remember this switch to having your GK comfortable on the ball is 'new'. There aren't that many out there. Those that are good with their feet aren't top/elite level when it comes to what you'd expect from a traditional GK. 

From the list of GKs who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, you wouldn't take many. 

Jason Steele

Sanchez

Raya

Ramsdale

Pickford

Ederson

Alisson

ter Stergen

Neuer

Can see that two week break for the majority made a big difference.

Night and day levels of energy. But also big help having Isak, Bruno and Almiron (having gone off injured last game)  back. 

This team keep defying expectations even when depleted. I just hope we can find a way to get though to January.

11 minutes ago, BShearer said:

big 3 points vs a direct rival. lets hope them underperforming goes on bit longer.

at 1-1 I thought oh fuck another game where we lead and throw it away but 2nd half we were wonderful.

crazy schedule, PSG and United next 2 games, will be honest I would happily accept a loss vs PSG if a win is guaranteed vs United. CL group imo is pretty much fucked for us, but I do think we can maybe finish ahead of Spurs, Vill, Brighton, United in the league with a bit of luck and some good January transfers. getting back to CL would be huge both sporting wise and financially too has to be the priority above anything else.

If we can somehow manage this next run, maybe get Barnes back, hopefully Botman but that sounds a bit iffy then get to Jan…..not only will we possibly bring a couple players in but some of the long term injuries will hopefully have cleared up too.

7 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I have some concerns about Pope too but he’s the least of our concerns right now. 

Superb win and 2nd half - just over-ran them and it's always great to beat some cockney bastards, especially Chelsea :)

Bruno ran the show - abley supported by the excellent Miley, Gordon and Schar. :thup: Great to see some of the young'uns make their debuts too. A day to remember in lots of ways. :)