Paris Saint-Germain 1-1 Newcastle United (28/11/23) | Reaction: pg. 52 | Goal-post: OP

Disco

Just now, Smal said:

they really should have scored 3 or 4 in that half if we’re being honest, mind :lol:. Barcola should’ve had a hat trick.

Honestly couldn't believe that they didn't score until that pen, so it's not like we were unlucky overall.

Proud as fuck of every single one of them blokes on the pitch tonight. The manager and his coaches as well

Cant ask for anything more as a fan tbh

I gave us no hope tonight. We've more than matched them first half. 2nd half we battled our bollocks off with no subs available to then get done over like that

NUF FUCKING C

Ugh. That feels like a defeat. We rode our luck, but that's a seriously bad way of conceding a goal.

Once the ref is called over to view the incident, there's so much pressure on them to change their mind. No way was it a clear and obvious error, but because it was such an important game, VAR decided to pass the decision on.

Reckon I need the assistance of Mr Jack Daniel to get to sleep the night.

Just now, WideopenMag said:

Aye but they couldn't score could they, we defended well and they were resorting to kicking it over the bar from 25 yards. We scored away from home then defended. We done everything we needed to do and would have if not for an incorrect decision. 

Watch it back, they had better chances than long shots

4 minutes ago, Zero said:

Then a win against AC would do it. PSG won’t beat Dortmund

Yep - win for us, draw for them means we’re both on 8 points and we have a better head to head. Do Milan and hope Dortmund do us a favour.

IMG_5276.thumb.jpeg.d0043a976800f9736a388bdd06e480a9.jpeg

Can’t be anything but raging at that. I can’t possible see how the ref has watched it on the monitor and given it. I can only put it down to player pressure. 

So, so proud of the lads. Absolutely injury ravaged squad and were holding their own against one of the apparent best teams in the world, I don’t see it myself. 

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

Or our already exhausted squad defended so resolutely to the point they were snatching at chances and needed a penalty to finally get something past Pope but whatever. 

Fair enough, but what happened to our passing,our composure ?

CBS has a rules analyst on explaining that this is the correct interpretation of the rule according to FIFA, even though no one likes it including referees. She thinks next season deflection and proximity will be part of the rule again and in that case this wouldn't be a pen.

Carragher described it as awful decision.

Just now, El Prontonise said:

Yeah and what the VAR is saying to him.

I reckon the VAR must have put something in his head when he's gone and looked at it. Look at it with fresh eyes and that's never a pen in a million years. 

To draw that game isn't bad at all, it's a decent result in the grand scheme of things. To draw it like that with an outrageous decision like that is canny sickening tbh. A draw was probably about right on the balance of play but the decision was utter bullshit.

I'm still too angry to post properly but I'm still proud of every single one of the lads tonight, they gave their all and deserved better than they got. We went in there undercooked and had nothing in reserve and still dealt with them for 97 minutes. They worked their socks off and got robbed by a pigshit ref's decision. 

Up the fucking mags, let's just beat Milan and see what's what, fuck it