Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (07/12/23)

Mike

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

Mine too, I’m sitting here numb at this result. But you know what I cannot get upset at the team.

The starting 11 has been changed around a fair bit this season due to injury and the 11 that remain have given everything up to now.

This injury problems were always going to hurt us at some point, it’s just a case of how badly. 

Yeah, I like being a dick, let's not let it get like twitter on here, snowflake central.

4 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Really fear for us this month unless we get some players back, that was so poor but can you blame them when the same eleven is having to play week in week out? Glad I won’t have to watch Everton’s horrible long ball football again for a long time. 

Didnt Liverpool play the majority of the same team for roughly 60 games when they nearly won the quadruple?

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Someone needs to remind our lads that they're paid a decent wage, if they're "tired" we'll give them to our brave boys in the forces who keep this country safe. Woke snowflakes with their fatigue and their pronouns, embarrassing 

Just a coincidence every other club rotates and makes multiple subsitutions every game - there's clearly no reason at all to do it.

So disappointing reading the last few pages. Making us all look like Arsenal supporters.

This fixture is always going to be determined by where the ref sets the bar for a yellow. We got sucked in and punished. No need to make it look like we´re in the age of peak McClaren

2 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Nowt he could do with the 2nd and can’t say he did much wrong with the 3rd. Thought it was a pretty poor dive for the 1st. The opening goal was crucial.

The second one he just guesses rather than look at the player shooting, so even before he shoots he has gone left, so he just slots it down the middle. 

The third one is poor goalkeeping, late out, opens up a bus sized gap and lets the player just slot it through. Probably goes back to his shit work in the box in general.

4 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

I find myself wondering how many of the comments here are from people who’ve finished puberty. Fucking fannies. 

Ironically this is such an immature comment, you've got to love it :lol:

Not a great performance in general, but you can't really account for the two horrific individual errors that put the game beyond us. 

Biggest problem for us is that when Tripps and Schar are off form like today and Bournemouth, pretty much our entire attacking game-plan falls to bits. We aren't incisive enough through the midfield to break teams like this down. 

Pretty poor tonight like but we're literally having to play the same 11 every 3/4/5 days. It's going to catch up with you eventually.

Away form is becoming a concern for me now though I have to say. 1 win in the league and that was Sheff Utd. If we want to finish in the European spots, that needs sorting quickly.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

:lol: It's a canny valid excuse though isn't it?

Is it though? Pretty sure Howe was saying just last week that he wasn't prepared to play victim, and using fatigue as an excuse would be along those lines. I think he'll be a bit annoyed at some aspects of the performance tbh.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Because its a lie. :lol: they've had 5 days.

5 days, after how many before that and how many before that ? You realise exhaustion is a cumulative thing ? And it's that same 10. Fwiw out of that 10 I'd doubt 2 of them would have been fit enough to play but there's no one else.

I've no complaints, I'm amazed at where we are still and know we'll get through it. The movement is still forward overall and I'm not going to have a go at the players or management over that.

Edited by madras

Just now, TRon said:

Is it though? Pretty sure Howe was saying just last week that he wasn't prepared to play victim, and using fatigue as an excuse would be along those lines. I think he'll be a bit annoyed at some aspects of the performance tbh.

Well of course Howe is going to say that, but surely you can see these players are knackered?

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Wait for the next home game, bet you’re wrong. They’re fucking knackered

Also, we’re managing our resources. When we play at home, we commit to the full team press on certain triggers. Away from home it’s a much lighter press and it’s clearly because we don’t have the legs to be doing both home and away heavy pressing

Just now, Andy said:

Not a great performance in general, but you can't really account for the two horrific individual errors that put the game beyond us. 

Biggest problem for us is that when Tripps and Schar are off form like today and Bournemouth, pretty much our entire attacking game-plan falls to bits. We aren't incisive enough through the midfield to break teams like this down. 

The thing is though, we have cover for Trippier. It’s been evident for a while that he needs a rest, just like it’s been evident that he needs to be taken off set pieces. Why the fuck he hasn’t is beyond me. He’s class when he right and up for it, but he’s playing too much and has been poor for a little while because of it.

One thing I'll say is I find it slightly worrying how little trust Howe has of Hall to come into a game. He's a kid but he's been signed as a versatile first team player and yet he can't get on the pitch despite us being decimated. I got it away to PSG where you're playing out a bunker defence and players are zoned in 100% to concentrate on defending, but not in other games.

Dreadful performance all round but i’m finding it really hard to get angry at the lads. It’s the same 11 every couple of days, we’re going to be fucking knackered. The sooner we’re closer to full strength the results will pick straight back up. 

Poor from Trippier for all three but shit happens and he’s done a lot more good for us than bad. 

main complaint is how bad the back 4 were with the ball really, which has not been like us lately. Schar had a bit of a horror show and just kept giving them the ball back. We needed to be more patient.