Newcastle United vs AC Milan - 13/12/23 @ 20:00 (TNT Sports)

Paully

Just now, Fezzle said:

Because Liv has been good and we play better going forward? Ian is allowed an opinion, take it up with him. Theres zero people anywhere arguing your second point

I have already said Livramento is our first choice left back now. You said he had a good reason for not wanting Burn back at all. Hence why I'm replying to you.

Just found it bizarre that when our squad is struggling as much as it is that he wouldn't want a player who done a more than adequate job for us last season back fit.

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

I have already said Livramento is our first choice left back now. You said he had a good reason for not wanting Burn back at all. Hence why I'm replying to you.

Just found it bizarre that when our squad is struggling as much as it is that he wouldn't want a player who done a more than adequate job for us last season back fit.

Fucking hell, ok sorry 95% of Ians post was a good point. Does that pass your test now?

Edit: You even cut his post to remove the bit about ok as cover too ffs so you dont even disagree with him :lol:

Edited by Fezzle

4 hours ago, Peppe said:

Can players we sign in january play in the CL? When I played CM 01/02 I remember that you could swap two players in and out of the CL-squad, but I don't know if that's the case nowadays 🤔

As of the round of 16, a club may register a maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the current competition. Such registration must be completed by 2 February 2023 (24.00CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

Any or all of the players from the above quota of three may have been fielded for another club in the qualifying phase, play-offs or group stage of the UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League or UEFA Europa Conference League.

I'm just not that excited about having Burn back and I don't think it will help us 'that much'. 

It's a good point about Luton and Forest games though, I hadn't thought about the fixtures in detail. 

Overall I don't rate Burn particularly highly, but I do massively respect him for what he has given for the team.

4 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Are you 12? Read the edit, am done

I had already quoted his post and he then edited it after id already replied. Hence why it wasn't in the original quote I replied to.

Edited by jack j

I’m glad Burn is back and would have him in the side again. He’s a leader and we need that right now. He should be fresh and he also loves defending and I think we need to rest players while also trying to limit the number of chances we concede. Maybe drop Livra, or maybe use him in a more advanced position. If Trippier puts in another shit show, he should sit out.

7 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

To be fair we weren't getting battered away from home 3-0 and 4-1 when Burn was playing every week .

We would’ve still lost with the same results had he played those games. None of the goals we received had to do with our LB performance or the role they play in our system. 

I don’t think there’s much in it between him and Lascelles so I would be getting Burn into the team to replace Lascelles purely so we can put Schar back on the right. It gives Schar his better passing angles, it gives us better build up down that side, and defensively him and Trippier have a much better understanding.

Edited by Smal

Mad how people go on like Dan Burn wasn't one fifth of the best defensive unit I've ever seen at NUFC. Aye Livramento is more skilful and has different qualities, but I've no gripes at all if Burn comes back in when he's fit. It alleviates pressure on Trippier too.

7 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Schär has done well at LCB, but playing Burn there would allow him to get back his usual RCB position. Just another small factor, not a decisive one.

I think we'd be weaker if we took out Lascelles to play Burn.

Rotation exists I know, before anyone hammers me. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don't think he is at CB, I think Schar/Lascelles as we have now is a better partnership. 

Yet we bought Burn precisely because we desperately needed an immediate upgrade at CB. Burn came in and everyone raved about his performances at CB in 21/22. Lascelles has stepped in admirably in Botman's absence but he's no Dan Burn.

With injured players returning, you don’t know how long they need to get back up to speed.  Some players come back and it is like they have never been away whilst others need a number of games before they start looking like their normal selves

57 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Mad how people go on like Dan Burn wasn't one fifth of the best defensive unit I've ever seen at NUFC. Aye Livramento is more skilful and has different qualities, but I've no gripes at all if Burn comes back in when he's fit. It alleviates pressure on Trippier too.

Gives us more options to rotate the squad and more tactical options for Howe in games we are not expected to dictate the game while having Livramento able to come in on either side and give us something different in attack if needed.

Not too precious of whether he starts tomorrow, features as a sub or stays in reserve for Saturday, it's just lovely to see another player back tbh. Keep them coming!

Edited by Pilko