Luton Town 1-0 Newcastle United (23/12/23)

Yorkie

It's attritional like but there were some shoots of life in there.

Watching Gordon/almiron/longstaff run through treacle is a hard watch considering their playing style is all about intensity.

When it's gone we look decidedly average out there, with only really Bruno with a bit of guile on the ball.

Just now, dcmk said:

Preparation for matches appear to be almost non-existant.  

Gordon still looks like he can't run.  No one seems to want to fully commit to the press.  

Do you have suspicions about why Gordon looks like he can’t run? 

2 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

At least when they are to be our creative force. Howe must be cynical this summer about getting rid of more players.

Wow, Gordon too?

Edited by Pata

The tactical change has brought some improvement going forward, but we just look so dead on our feet at times. The tempo, the energy is off.. Luton asserted dominance early and we havnt stepped up to it. Having said that I think we grow into this now, every chance to come away with 3 points if we start the second half brighter. What I’d give for a fit Barnes to take unfit/knackered Gordon’s place at the moment.

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

No way Howe does that. 

Yeah no chance. Its insane, we have players running on empty and options on the bench for them but we keep persisting. Almiron is completely gassed, we could easily have started Tino there. 

Just now, The Bonk said:

About losing? No, think we’ll have a better second half and at least get a point here. 

We will definitely have a better second half and I wouldnt be surprised if we win it. I just wonder how long we can play the same team.

On a positive note, Botman and Schar. Wilson and Isak. Im excited about that.

Asides from ball watching on the corner, Miley has been good. 

I think the most pronounced issues we are seeing have to do with Gordon and Almiron being absolutely gassed. 

Wouldnt mind seeing Lewis Hall come on