sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United (06/01/24)

Yorkie

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Only disappointment was we looked leggy in the second half. 

I think Joelinton going off was massive. Gaps opened up. But also with the fact Sunderland had no choice but to have a go. I don’t think that was an energy sapping performance from us, we were in total control. 

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

A reminder of some of Chris Waddle's twitter likes here. Weird bloke. 

Yeah, fucking immigrants taking local people’s jobs.

From a bloke who made his biggest payslips while he was in France. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Weird how he's treated like a legend there man. :lol:

35 games, 80 odd conceded, a relegation, then buggered off. 

Yeah but they live vicariously through him, his success they feel like they are a part of, because they know there's fuck all other talent to come out of their rat nest 

Edited by wiseman

That’s as routine as it gets. 

Sunderland were utterly dire, imagine putting on a load of shite like that in your big derby match. 

Also quite funny watching Beale try to get a bunch of league 1 and championship level players to play out from the back against high level PL players. 

A bit like telling your dog you need it to do the cooking, then giving it two weeks to win Masterchef. 

3 minutes ago, Smal said:

A reminder of some of Chris Waddle's twitter likes here. Weird bloke. 

Look at where he's from and it all falls into place.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

I think Joelinton going off was massive. Gaps opened up. But also with the fact Sunderland had no choice but to have a go. I don’t think that was an energy sapping performance from us, we were in total control. 

Yep. Miley doesn’t have the athleticism that Joelinton does and is understandably naive at times positionally and perhaps ball watching/getting drawn to it all the while. 

To be fair, not many people have the ability that Joelinton has. Plays 2-3 positions at once. Best player on the park first half, for me. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Only disappointment was we looked leggy in the second half. 

Really ??? Thought we looked fine and could have scored more

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Weird how he's treated like a legend there man. :lol:

35 games, 80 odd conceded, a relegation, then buggered off. 

My favourite Mackem rumour is that he had a clause in his NUFC contract that he couldn’t play vs Sunderland.

This is what the daft cunts tell themselves, and they actually buy it.

I can really see him saying ‘look, if I have to play for youse against my beloved Sunderland, I’d rather stay in the sausage factory and kicking the ball around for Tow Law’

They’re unreal 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This is so true. The ref was shocking but it was great knowing every decision stood and there wasn’t going to be a 5 minute pause after anything contentious. 

6 minutes ago, brummie said:

That’s as routine as it gets. 

Sunderland were utterly dire, imagine putting on a load of shite like that in your big derby match. 

Also quite funny watching Beale try to get a bunch of league 1 and championship level players to play out from the back against high level PL players. 

A bit like telling your dog you need it to do the cooking, then giving it two weeks to win Masterchef. 

I disagree a bit, they do play it out from the back in the league more than most, they've been trying to play better football and why they've come closer to promotion. I don't think you should super change how you play for cup game against better opposition, but i was not surprised with a general lack of intensity of thought they'd be well up for it and sprinting to close us down all the time and hitting us on counter, but they never really did anything convincing

Edited by Tiresias

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, fucking immigrants taking local people’s jobs.

From a bloke who made his biggest payslips while he was in France. 

He never comes across as the brightest, but didn't know he was far right :lol: :anguish: