Newcastle United vs Man City - 13/01/2024 @ 17:30 (Live on TNT Sport)

Actually looking forward to this now. :lol: incredible how a win can lift a weight off your shoulders, I've been miserable all Christmas (not really).

But seriously, it's obviously an immense task; but today will give us a shot in the arm and it's another week's rest and work on the training pitch. We should go into it with confidence. 

Just now, nufc123 said:

If Joelinton is out they will toy with our midfield. 

Yeah. That is my worry. But they could easily beat us regardless. Don’t want a half fit Joelinton playing and making it worse.

Got a nice break after that until the 4th round. So would rather he is back 100%. The big fucker always seems to be playing through injuries and niggles. 

13 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Yeah. That is my worry. But they could easily beat us regardless. Don’t want a half fit Joelinton playing and making it worse. 

They can for sure. They did it with Bruno and Tonali at their place. Its just a worry when lesser teams have done it with us like there is nothing.

Going to this with my ostensibly Manchester City supporting nephew. He’s under strict instructions to not wear his shirt. Even so, will I get beaten up?

So typical that we play them now they have De Bruyne, Doku and probably Haaland back. 

Not that I thought we would win anyways. We were bit more like our old energetic selves but we still didn't look great and would need to be at full strength squad wise and firing on all cylinders to get something here. 

Hopefully Tino starts ahead of Burn and Joelinton is fit. 

Edited by alexf

8 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Going to this with my ostensibly Manchester City supporting nephew. He’s under strict instructions to not wear his shirt. Even so, will I get beaten up?

Yes. I’m preparing a trap right now.