Newcastle United vs Man City - 13/01/2024 @ 17:30 (Live on TNT Sport)

20 hours ago, joeyt said:

So he'll be injured again in february then I guess, after a couple of games back.

Edited by Erikse

even if they get a player sent off I can't see us getting much 

just think it's impossible to fill that massive Joelinton-sized hole in our midfield 

while they'll probably have Phillips warming the bench 

Edited by Ginola14

4-2-3-1 please!!

The midfield situation is dire so given who we have left.....

Dubs

Trips -Schar-Bot-Livro

Longstaff Bruno

Almiron-Miley-Gordon

Isak

In this way the double pivot can protect the defence and we shouldn't be caught on the counter.

Putting this in here aswell as the Ticket forum as might get more chance of a quicker reply;

Anyone know what the cut off is for forwarding my ST?

Will only let me resell online but not forward to a friend...

5 hours ago, ToonAbroad said:

Pep just confirmed Haaland and Stones are out injured. Massive!

Seems like de Bruyne is ready to start now though. Hopefully he isn't very fit, but seems like he's doing well.

8 hours ago, TRC said:

We still have no legs in midfield against Rodri and Foden sadly.

5 at the back please.

Still maintain it is worth trying to put the player with best stamina in the squad to ghost Rodri for the full game. No matter where the ball is, someone stays right next to him at all times to try to eliminate him from play. Give him a yard and all play goes through him. Best player in the league.

Imagine Beardsley these days, he looks like prime Messi on these clips, the agility, the willingness to be cheeky and technical in the box instead of rushing, none of our players are like that.

Isak did that kind of thing against Everton away but not seen it since.

Midfield looked way too stretched when Joelinton went off last week. Play like that against these and it’ll be a cricket score, he’ll not do it but we should revert back to the year Hayden and Longstaff both anchored midfield perfectly against these under Rafa.

The back 4 needs screening tonight whatever happens, these will cut us wide open if we play like recent weeks.

I'd imagine this will go similar to the 2nd PSG game, and when the game was compact and controlled mostly in our half, Miley and the midfield in general didn't struggle as much defensively, though they still created bucket loads of chances against the defence. So there's hope we might cut the cricket score down to a rugby one at least. 0-3.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

I think they found some kind of form since around they won the club world cup, while our form apart from the FA cup game has not changed much and was quite poor.

but also we have had some great games at home vs top sides this season, we also beat them out of Carabao and handed nice beating to Man Utd, Chelsea, Arse at home already.

really depends on if we can play our high tempo game and get the lead and push on, otherwise it will be a long game.