Newcastle United vs Man City - 13/01/2024 @ 17:30 (Live on TNT Sport)

For all the people that are expecting us to lose, if we do lose, can we not do the way over the top reaction. As if the result wasn't expected.

We’ve had far too many hiccups the last couple of months to just ‘need’ a performance IMO. What we do need is some points on board in games we hadn’t relied on before. Lose at home to Forest, lose at Luton and so on = the need for unexpected points in games such as today or Villa away. Momentum is everything, last we had it on our side, this year not so much. 

1 hour ago, dcmk said:

For all the people that are expecting us to lose, if we do lose, can we not do the way over the top reaction. As if the result wasn't expected.

Totally depends on the matter of the defeat. Same phrace was going around before the Liverpool game, and that game got every reaction it deserved

Sorry for the negativity, but I expect de Bruyne to have a cracking comeback today. Especially since I chose to not put him into my fantasy team while many others did. Sorry about that.

Edited by Erikse

1 hour ago, dcmk said:

If we lose, it'll most likely be because Man City plays better than us, thus it has to be a way over the top reaction because while we don't care about the result, we care about the performance, which will obviously not be good enough because we lost.

12 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Sorry for the negativity, but I expect de Bruyne to have a cracking comeback today. Especially since I chose to not put him into my fantasy team while many others did. Sorry about that.

It's realistic more than anything.

Not having a DM will hurt us. Again.

Just now, The Butcher said:

It's realistic more than anything.

Not having a DM will hurt us. Again.

Yeah, on a more serious note de Bruyne will probably do really well against us.

I've heard that it's tricky to make a full recovery from achilles injuries. Reoccurences are quite common to my understanding. If that's true, we probably need to be very careful with him when he's back. I don't even expect him to be back in february.

Edited by Erikse

If we had Joelinton and at least one other fit winger, I'd fancy a result.

Miley, Longstaff and Bruno will be overran. De Bruyne masterclass incoming as city kickstart their annual storming of the league. 

0-3. 

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

If Miley is out and Hall can’t get more than two mins then it’s not going to make much sense

If Miley is out I’d far prefer to see 5 at the back. Even if we don’t do that I think we might see Tino in the midfield ahead of Hall.

25 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Off all day from S Gosforth to Town. Shite

It's just as bad coming from the Gateshead side.

Running every 20 minutes by the looks of things and only going as far as the Haymarket.

Edited by TBG