Newcastle United vs Man City - 13/01/2024 @ 17:30 (Live on TNT Sport)

We’ll put in a big performance here, whether or not it’ll be good enough to get a win I don’t know. But we’re in a good place now with loads of time between games. 

4 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

I think Man City are going to cruise to the title in the second half of the season. But hopefully it starts after this.

We’ll avoid the sharpest version of De Bruyne thankfully, he’ll come off the bench for sure.

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We are at home and have a week to prepare, no reason why we can’t win this. I don’t fear anyone at SJP especially now are fixtures are easing off. 

That’s it :indi:

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I’d say that near enough ends our hopes of something from the game. He’s absolutely essential to us limiting them in midfield and in transition 

Really hope we can do something other than just shoving Miley in.

No chance of Willock?

1 minute ago, TRC said:

Really hope we can do something other than just shoving Miley in.

No chance of Willock?

Even if he’s back, no chance he would be ready to start surely ?

23 hours ago, Hovagod said:

Going to this with my ostensibly Manchester City supporting nephew. He’s under strict instructions to not wear his shirt. Even so, will I get beaten up?

Tell us what dap your nephew is and his fighting credentials and we can properly asses whether you’ll defend yourself or get decked by him!

19 minutes ago, toon25 said:

They won't get out of second gear. 0-3.

MGW and Ross Barkely cut through us. Foden and Rodri are going to eat.

Presuming Joelinton's out, if we go with our usual flat 5 with Gordon - Longstaff - Bruno - Miley - Almirón then Foden is going to absolutely annihilate us in his current form.

Have to try 4-2-3-1 imo. 

Dubs

Trips - Schar - Botman - Burn

Bruno - Longstaff

Almirón - Miley - Gordon

Isak

Make sure Burn has protection and Longstaff can pick up Foden. Stick Miley on Rodri. Focus all our attacks up our right. 

On 07/01/2024 at 22:37, Hovagod said:

Going to this with my ostensibly Manchester City supporting nephew. He’s under strict instructions to not wear his shirt. Even so, will I get beaten up?

No. And for what it’s worth, I have done the opposite. Been in their end at Etihad with my rabidly City supporting son giving me dog’s abuse all the way through and telling everyone who cared to listen that I was a Newcastle fan 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Gayle on a short-term loan deal to cover up front?

Is he still at Stoke or did they peddle him?