Newcastle United 2-3 Manchester City (13/01/23)

Yorkie

We've had the defense midfield gaps all season I think teams know we don't play with a defensive midfield and can be got at constantly just by waiting for us to lose the ball and one pass they're onto our back four. Howe needs to make tweaks to that three in the middle to counteract that. 

7 minutes ago, Shak said:

Christ, I feel genuinely bad for you lads who have been watching football all your lives and think just coming out and going hell for leather at them in the second half with no subs was an option :lol:

More good than bad to take from that IMO, we looked genuinely good on the break and had numerous chances to score. I know both our goals were absolute worldies but so were all of there's to undo us.

Really can't wait until we have subs again.

Basically this. Aye. 

Two week break :sweetjesus:

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Both him and Gordon have empty tanks after 65 mins due to their work rate. Not a criticism at all, this would be the point Wilson and Barnes tag in. Only they’re rarely available as a tandem. Injuries costing us the points, not Isak.

Never said he just us the points. 

Just now, Menace said:

Can't wait until we can bring on someone half as good as KdB.

For all the talk of needing a new striker, CDM and a right-winger, I still think a 10 is what our squad is crying out for

Bruno lucky not to get a red in first half - seems like he's getting away with it a lot and there'll be another suspension coming up 

last thing the squad needs

meanwhile City have Phillips sat on the bench for the whole game 

We were close, but it just shows how far we have come. On paper we should have been wiped away, we nearly won the game, and came closer to drawing.

Our team is ravaged by injury, we’ll get there, FFP will slow us down, but we’ll get there.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Love Isak, but once that clock hits 65 mins he's often done.

Could have helped us a lot more by drifting to the side the ball was on when we had it under pressure and would clear it down the line, to at least have a chance of getting the ball.

He was a passenger big time the last 25 mins odd.

Which is where the subs come in, we just don't have any obviously, we certainly need a third striker when we can, as Wilson is just too injury prone to rely on.

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

We've had the defense midfield gaps all season I think teams know we don't play with a defensive midfield and can be got at constantly just by waiting for us to lose the ball and one pass they're onto our back four. Howe needs to make tweaks to that three in the middle to counteract that. 

This is true. It is not all about not having options from the bench.

Just now, Ginola14 said:

Bruno lucky not to get a red in first half - seems like he's getting away with it a lot and there'll be another suspension coming up 

last thing the squad needs

meanwhile City have Phillips sat on the bench for the whole game 

I know, those bastards could be competitive playing a second 11.

1 minute ago, sempuki said:

Not sure if it's just me but we don't seem to shithouse like we did last year.

If you look at the players out missing, they would give the team we had out today a good game. It has to affect us pyschologically as much as physically. The players just can't carry it for 90 mins against this sort of quality.

4 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

98% wont admit how poor we are, however we are very poor, keep on kidding yourself but we will win nothing for 6-8 years minimum, keep biting but you know im right

:lol::lol::lol:

To be brutally honest, we deserved fuck all from that game. You cannot play like we did second half and expect to get anything from games, especially against City.

I understand we have injuries and couldn't change anything mind. But we were pretty shite tonight.

Ultimately, if we approach the rest of the season the way we did today we are going to go on a heck of a run.

Genuinely think it's coming.

Just now, sempuki said:

Hate Liverpool more than Citeh. Think Citeh will go on their usual second half of the season run and win it once again.

Agreed. Would rather City won title every year than Liverpool or Arsenal winning it once. Klopp and Arteta are monumental cunts. 

18 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Why the fuck did we decide to sack off the counter attacking football to sit on the edge of our box and try and fucking defend a lead for 45 bastard minutes. It never works man. It was blatantly fucking obvious what the end result was going to be. Fuck off

I’m not saying we couldn’t have done anything, but why (especially after defeats) does everyone act like we were the only ones participating in the game? 

Like it’s possible the club managed by arguably the best in the world made some tweaks that made it harder for us to get possession and play quick counters. And then also had the ability to bring one of the world’s best for 25 minutes.

We were beaten by the better squad on the night, but another great effort by the lads we can have no complaints. De Bruyne showing the difference in class between himself and Foden. We need a number 6 midfielder who can hold that that space between the flat midfield and the back four.  

No shame in losing that. They are the best team in the world and had to bring on arguably the best player in the world to get them over the line. Onwards. We can still finish 6th this season but anything higher than that isnt happening.

5 minutes ago, simonsays said:

For all the talk of needing a new striker, CDM and a right-winger, I still think a 10 is what our squad is crying out for

The more I watch us the more I think we need upgrades/reinforcements in just about every single position if we want to be a top 4 side

7 minutes ago, GavMcEl said:

Disappointing, thought we gave a good fight, and some decent individual performances, was great to see Trippier have a good performance don't blame him for the 3rd goal..... once De Bruyne came on, it was pretty obvious he was gonna change the game and once they equalised I think it was inevitable that they were gonna get the winner.... 

Trippier totally inept marking for the third goal.  Just tell it how it is and don't protect him so much.  The bloke would admit it was his fault so don't talk crap.