FAC R5: Blackburn Rovers (A): 27/02/24 @ DELAYED 20:00 (Live on BBC One)

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Must win, please don’t start Miggy.

Although I hate it when the boo boys start on someone, I have to agree, he's contributing almost nothing.

He covers a bit, but then we may as well play another defender. If you look at all the high profile games especially away he doesn't impact the game. 

The annoying thing is that against villa Howe tried something different with miggy on the left and Murphy on the right, what seemed like the result and performance of the season and then it's just abandoned and we go back to this unproductive, unimaginative, predictable system 

This makes or break the rest of our season. Win and it could kickstart our season once again. Lose and motivation and excitement will be absolutely sapped out of both players and fans.

Last season, after the cup final defeat, we still had the Champions League to chase. I don't know what we're chasing if we lose this one.

We'll win this one comfortably like, Blackburn are shite and it'll hardly be an intimidating atmosphere for us either, always load of spare seats there and our backing will be insane. 

It's what comes next that might be the issue, hopefully Coventry at home

With the exception of our record home loss to Liverpool a few years ago, I have a 100% win rate on matches I've attended, so since I'm sitting with the home fans, together with a Blackburn mate, fully expect us to suffer a record FA cup loss this time around.

Just hope to see Miley, Gordon & Isak for the first time in the flesh.

Win this and the season still has a purpose. Lose it and it’s a wrap, would be no pressure to try change up some systems and different line ups. Hope we can win and get a favourable tie after but let’s just do the job here first. Want to see a major reaction from the players after being outplayed the other night 

Kind of pleased we have a game again so soon after that shitshow. 

It’s better for the squad with one game a week and we would often have two bad results, anyway. But I have missed Europe and the other times we had two games a week. 

It's weird but I am 100% confident we win this one , I don't even think Blackburn or the fans care one bit about this game and they are such a poor team , if we somehow do get beat serious questions need to be asked .

Edited by Geogaddi

13 minutes ago, Disco said:

Shame Liverpool and Chelsea haven’t got harder games. 

Aye, mind if Southampton or Leeds rocked up with a full strength team (unlikely) I wouldn’t completely rule them out after today, especially Southampton.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Aye, mind if Southampton or Leeds rocked up with a full strength team (unlikely) I wouldn’t completely rule them out after today, especially Southampton.

Southampton got beat at the weekend and got beat the other week too so I’m not so confident. 

35 minutes ago, Disco said:

Southampton got beat at the weekend and got beat the other week too so I’m not so confident. 

Confident, no, certainly not, but if Liverpool put half a team of kids out, and Southampton went full strength, it would definitely even things up a bit.

When it was JDT in charge I thought this was the perfect match for us. They were very open and if it was attack vs attack, I'd fancy us to win. Eustace seems to have made them more conservative and the results haven't come yet.

Take it seriously and we should win.

7 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Back ourselves against anyone at home in QF. Just need to get through this game first with a professional job. 

Still have nightmares about Sheff Wed away. 

Based on our luck this season I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting a home draw if we go through

7 hours ago, NUFCDoog said:

We'll win this one comfortably like, Blackburn are shite and it'll hardly be an intimidating atmosphere for us either, always load of spare seats there and our backing will be insane. 

It's what comes next that might be the issue, hopefully Coventry at home

It will be a comfortable 0-3 win.  So calm down people.

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Based on our luck this season I wouldn't get your hopes up about getting a home draw if we go through

Of course we will, against Liverpool.

Actually no, scrap that. It will be City and we'll win. Then cruise past Coventry in the semis and get Liverpool in the final for the third leg of Klopps quadruple farewell tour

16 minutes ago, toon25 said:

We'll beat this lot, but will come up short in the next round against Chelsea, Manure or Liverpool 

I think I would feel actual pain if we lost to Liverpool on their route to winning it. The dramatisation of it with Klopp would be unbearable. 

13 hours ago, Menace said:

4-2-3-1

Karius

Trippier-Lascelles-Schar-Tino

Bruno-Longstaff

Gordon-Willock-Barnes

Isak

Well I wouldn't play Isak in goal for starters, and Karius is probably not a good striker.