Chelsea vs. Newcastle United: 11/3/24 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

A full week for Isak, Willock, Anderson & Barnes to build their fitness further, a full week for Gordon and Bruno in particular to recover properly and a full week for Howe to prepare. We'll be able to field both a strong 11 and bench.

Everything indicates we're in good shape to win. Please don't Newcastle this game Newcastle.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Feeling confident about this one, think we’ll get a draw at the very least 

I think if we were at home. I’d fancy us, again. I know we’ve got a few players back since. But we were really poor away there in the cup. We couldn’t string two passes together. 

A similar setup to the weekend might see us to best effect here. Even more pace on the counter now with Tino playing. Assuming Trippier misses out, of course. 

They’re such a strange side. They look like they’re really clicking some weeks and have had some decent results or at least performances. But they still seem wasteful in attack and soft at the back when it matters. 

It’s not a must win (with regards to having a sniff of Europe) but it is a can win and would give us great momentum for West Ham at home (which is must win).
I’m ignoring the QF at City as it is a bit of a free hit. It’d be wonderful if we upset the odds but isn’t going to impact confidence wise if we don’t; nobody expects us to win. 

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

It’s not a must win (with regards to having a sniff of Europe) but it is a can win and would give us great momentum for West Ham at home (which is must win).
I’m ignoring the QF at City as it is a bit of a free hit. It’d be wonderful if we upset the odds but isn’t going to impact confidence wise if we don’t; nobody expects us to win. 

Think West Ham is almost a harder game than Chelsea. Albeit you never now which version will turn up. 

I think we'll get something here.

Wolves was our most complete performance in weeks and up until Arsenal our away form had been improving. It does feel slowly but surely the tide is turning.

Chelsea have quality all over the park, but just can't seem to put it together. Though they do seem to look more dangerous with Jackson up top, they're a long way behind the likes of Arsenal who pulled us a part at will.

Wolves, Brentford and Forest have all won at the Bridge this season and we have more fret going forward than those sides. With Willock back, the midfield will hopefully look a lot more balanced and difficult to play through.

I wouldn't take a point because I think we can win, but it wouldn't be a bad result.

Chelsea are pretty shit against lower blocks, yeah? Does feel like what we did against Wolves is a good blueprint for this one. Go more mid, invite them on, hit with pace. 

Not too dissimilar to Villa, hopefully.

Chilwell and Colwill Out for this apparently with Gallagher a doubt.

No left backs so we better not fucking start Miggy.

Just now, TRC said:

Chilwell and Colwill Out for this apparently with Gallagher a doubt.

No left backs so we better not fucking start Miggy.

Why would those two things connect? 

31 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Because they would play a right footer on the left. With Miggy constantly cutting in and attacking the defenders stronger side. I assume? 

48 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Its going to be a huge weakness for them, without Trippier we are going to struggle to exploit it.

I'd go Barnes to be honest or Gordon.

Famous last words, and it's the hope that kills you etc.

But I fancy us to go into this game with pressing/energy levels in a shape we've not seen since first home games of the season, and not seen all season away except that OT League Cup display. 3-1 to us, but that being 3-0 up after 60 mins.

Their name carriers weight, but there's nothing I fear that much in their side. If we're in their faces, I can't see them having the maturity or experience to combat it, and going behind with their form will see them collapse with Wolves still in their minds.

4 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Is it right that the last time we won at Stamford Bridge was the Cisse magic?

Chelsea have won our past seven matches at Stamford Bridge against Newcastle in all competitions, scoring 20 while conceding just three goals. Newcastle have won one of their last 25 away league games against Chelsea (seven draws, 17 defeats), winning 2-0 under Alan Pardew in May 2012.

Fuck these fucks, let's do them.