Chelsea 3-2 Newcastle United (11/03/24) | Reaction: pg 45

BlueStar

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Except we have beaten them

I should have said away from home, given we haven't beaten them there since 2012, and have lost twice there this year now.  I'm aware we beat them at home

2 minutes ago, Sandro Tonali said:

So many weird, uneducated takes on here. We controlled that game but Botman had a stinker and we lost our player of the season. They have a billion quid squad, we don't.  

So your educated take is that we controlled that game? :lol:

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Nobody wants to just say it. Should he be sacked tonight?

No, but hes not learning a thing from these away games. Its becoming a major problem

3 minutes ago, worthy said:

How about trying to change the way we play to suit what is available. Like most actual competent managers would do. Gee what a thought, must be a rocket scientist to think of something that revolutionary 

With what exactly?

We've got one forward, cant bring anyone in now, couldn't anyway because both our hands are tied behind our backs, we have half a squad of players inherited from a joke of an era including wingers that cant cross, sloths in midfield and nothing on the bench to change anything with.

Is it just somehow play like the entertainers or Liverpool/City regardless of all that?

Just now, Pixelphish said:

Just shut the fuck up.

they won’t though.

they are the closest potential elite players in our squad at the moment, yes they can see the injuries etc but they also know that they could be in a team challenging for league titles in any league. Their agents will be looking for signs that next year will be 3 steps forward from this or they will be off. It’s not like they are local lads with 10 years of affinity from the academy to keep them here.

build it slow and steady is great, but if we continue on that path it will be full of recycling players who are better than the level we are currently at

2 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

If you can't see that Howe has tried to tweak the way we set up with limited options then I don't know what to tell you. It's not as simple as "just change the formation". This isn't FIFA. 

You can argue about Howe's decisions, but calling him incompetent is just ridiculous. 

The tweaks are not there. Burn is getting overrun cause he doesn’t have Big Joe to protect him. Isak has to go back to get the ball due to the shit flat midfield 3 we won’t go away from. The right wing has been laughable all season and should have been upgraded before anything else. People are getting rushed back cause they suit his shit system cause the man can’t change. This is his Bournemouth last season look. It is that fucking bad away from home.

and don’t get me started about the huge pocket between midfield and defense that never has been sorted since he took over and let teams play around far too easily.

Infuriating performance.

I think the plan was to sit and counter but they scored fairly early so that was scrapped. Then Gordon was clearly not right so another spanner thrown in the works.

Absolutely no conviction in our forward play. Far too open as we're prone to pushing on.

Hurts to say as I love him but Botman needs to sit it out for a bit. Just nowhere near it.

Whether he puts himself about or not, Longstaff is an eyesore in possession.

Guest reefatoon

5 goals but what an utterly shit game of football that was, both teams were gagging to just give the ball away every time. Utter wank to watch.

2 minutes ago, Sandro Tonali said:

So many weird, uneducated takes on here. We controlled that game but Botman had a stinker and we lost our player of the season. They have a billion quid squad, we don't.  

They're 11th and had only won 5 home league games before tonight.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Obviously I don’t. I just find it odd how many people hunt at it but won’t come out and say it.

I don't know what you're taking about, but you just never know when perfection chasing PIF might swing the axe...

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Not good enough. The worst thing about it for me is that aside from Gusto and Palmer, they were and are absolutely shite. I can't put it down to injuries and fatigue here, we just weren't good enough and didn't compete where it mattered against a team I consider a soft touch.

We've thrashed better teams who've put in 10x the performance and quality that Chelsea put in tonight. I know football is not that simple but it stuck in my mind and felt relevant tonight.

A couple of really standout abject performances for me. I'm sure it's a bit of a knee-jerk but I'm sick of Longstaff now. He grafts his arse off and covers well but he's been woeful on the ball for a while now. Dubravka has been in good form but had one of those Dubravka performances where some of the conceded goals just don't look right.

Dubravka: 3

Livramento: 7

Schär: 5

Botman: 4

Burn: 5.5

Longstaff: 3

Bruno: 5

Willock: 6.5

Almiron: 4

Isak: 7

Gordon: 4 Murphy: 7

Couldn't agree more 👏 

Tinfoil hat, but a performance like that, you could argue they threw the game.

Genuine disinterest everywhere.

Bruno has been the diamond in a turd of late, but even he looked off it.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Nobody wants to just say it. Should he be sacked tonight?

3 minutes ago, FCB said:

Not tonight but in the near future imo. Get Michel or Mourinho in.

:lol: Presumably nobody wants to say it because in doing so you'd automatically give yourself away as being from planet thick cunt

Amble towards the box so they can get back in shape. Lose ball. Two seconds later they’re one on one running at the defence within shooting range. Repeat x 50. Infuriating stuff. 

The one thing they’re good at is running forward with the ball quickly, it’s literally all they have. Fuck me.

Just now, Stifler said:

Between the Cup game, and tonight, we have single handedly kept Poch in the Chelsea job.

I've always had a soft spot for him so I suppose that's some sort of consolation.

Just now, worthy said:

The tweaks are not there. Burn is getting overrun cause he doesn’t have Big Joe to protect him. Isak has to go back to get the ball due to the shit flat midfield 3 we won’t go away from. The right wing has been laughable all season and should have been upgraded before anything else. People are getting rushed back cause they suit his shit system cause the man can’t change. This is his Bournemouth last season look. It is that fucking bad away from home.

and don’t get me started about the huge pocket between midfield and defense that never has been sorted since he took over and let teams play around far too easily.

Can we get you in to do some coaching? Gonna blow Eddie's mind this. Proper fairytale stuff that some rando with a keyboard is a management savant. 

Our last 20 games on Monday nights (including tonight):

• Played 20 Won 1 Drawn 3 Lost 16 Goals Scored 11 Goals Conceded 39
  • So just once in 19 have NUFC kept a clean sheet.
  • Only twice in the last 14 have Newcastle United managed to score a goal.

MNF can fuck right off!