Crystal Palace 2-0 Newcastle United (24/04/24) | Reaction: pg 34

Yorkie

Just now, Novocastrian said:

It’s the inconsistency I don’t get, so frustrating, from battering Spurs to this :anguish:

I haven't been watching but did we just use the 10 days gap between fixtures to decide we'd just try exactly the same thing we used against Spurs? Not a great call if so.

1 minute ago, Novocastrian said:

It’s the inconsistency I don’t get, so frustrating, from battering Spurs to this :anguish:

Not really inconsistent though. We’ve been abject away from home from August to late April.

Typically passive away performance where we just seemed bewildered by what we were facing. Pressed to death by Palace :lol: Fair play I suppose, they clocked that we're bad on the ball and took the gamble that we wouldn't be good enough to play through it.

Just now, Novocastrian said:

The same system did not work with the way Palace play, and we should have changed a lot earlier, as early as 30th minute in my opinion. It really was that obvious to be honest.

Just now, RodneyCisse said:

We’re still 4-5 players away from being a legit top 6 team.

Loads of championship cloggers.

Yep too many to list, and we've given some of them new contracts :lol:

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

A bad a performance as you’ll see from us this, mind. Too many really mediocre footballers in that side who get a free pass when the genuine talents get them out of jail. 

True, and they’re really exposed when the talented ones are collectively poor too.  I thought Gordon in particular wasn’t any better than some of his less talented teammates.  

We can probably welcome back to the forum dementors after that, they'll have loved it.

Better team won, no complaints there. They were up for it and Bruno aside we never looked like bothering our arses to try and find an answer in any significant way. Longstaff again diabolical in key moments in an otherwise average at best performance. You'd think he'd have learned by now that he can't dive for toffee and pack it in, it literally never works.

Dubravka: 6

Murphy: 5

Krafth: 6

Schär: 6

Burn: 6

Anderson: 5

Bruno: 7

Longstaff: 3.5

Gordon: 5

Isak: 6

Barnes: 5

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, UncleBuzzcocks said:

This argument doesn’t work when there’s quality he can bring on in an instant

True but only to an extent. Could have started Hall-Burn-Schär-Tino I guess

Palace have played well and we still have too many players who are not at the level we need to be at. Not much else really to glean from this. No point spitting dummy's out.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

We’re still 4-5 players away from being a legit top 6 team.

Loads of championship cloggers.

I said that in the summer when we focussed on squad players. Fuck knows why