Lloyd Kelly

Jack27

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Can he play RCB?

If it's Burn-Kelly at the centre you would expect it's Kelly on the right side. No idea how comfortable he is with his right though.

5 hours ago, Pata said:

If it's Burn-Kelly at the centre you would expect it's Kelly on the right side. No idea how comfortable he is with his right though.

Howe won’t play Burn-Kelly, it’ll almost certainly be Burn-Krafth for the next game.

5 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

If we don't sign a CB before next Sunday, I expect Kelly will start at LB as we'll need that height with Krafth being a lil shorty. 

Can't see Howe going to two lefties at CB if Krafu is available.

I think it is more because Krafth is more comfortable in the system and has been here a long while versus a couple of months for Kelly. Surely Kelly is just a much better CB, so would play otherwise?  

I swear it is only recently we’ve had a fascination with playing a lefty at LCB and a right footer next to them. I suppose in an ideal world you’d do that and if there isn’t much between players. Then you would.

I just don’t remember it ever being flagged as much of an issue until the last 2-3 years. 

He looked solid and did really well. Also, let’s not forget that help he got from Joelinton dropping deep into a defenders position as soon as the ball went out to their right flank. Very difficult for them to break us down properly with two big guys against one. Big Joe did this really well by going deep to provide cover and additional pressure. Think he’ll be a good signing if he can stay fit. 

He looks like a Bournemouth utility player who ran his contract down and they weren't that bothered about losing.

Definitely a significant upgrade on Dummett. Not sure I could say much more though.

Man ... If Hall had started today and had to deal with Semenyo that first half, when we kept surrendering possession in midfield. And  Semenyo was getting opportunities to run at us. But whatever.

As always, time will tell.

Edited by KaKa

Clearly not a lot of psychologically minded folk on here, do you not think it might’ve been a bit of a headfuck for him going back there? 

Didn’t think he was great, but didn’t think he was as terrible as some on here are making out. Let’s be honest it was primarily our right that was exploited during the spell where they bossed things. Not too unsurprising given who we had playing there

10 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Man ... If Hall had started today and had to deal with Semenyo that first half, when we kept surrendering possession in midfield. And  Semenyo was getting opportunities to run at us. But whatever.

As always, time will tell.

Agreed. Thought he defended pretty well considering who he was up against and we couldn’t keep the ball after the first 25 minutes 

Edited by andyc35i

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Agreed. Thought he defended pretty well considering who he was up against and couldn’t keep the ball after the first 25 minutes 

Poor marking on the goal which he played on. But, arguably more importantly, he was a true passenger on the attack. Less progressive than BDB, somehow, on the left.