Group C: 1. England, 2. Denmark, 3. Slovenia (Q), 4. Serbia

Big River

Just now, Cf said:

I know Kane isn't about to call that out as the shit it was but he sounded completely clueless there. 

You just know he acts the same way in the dressing room.

Edited by nemtizz

The biggest problem for me is that everyone is playing at different speeds, you’ve got the city players playing at the pace they do for their club and others playing at their own pace.. it all ends up so fucked up and disjointed and it’s obviously on the manager. It’s all about the central 2 in this formation imo (I also think that Guehi has been poor when we’ve had the chance to push the press), the combinations are not working. I thought a more reserved Gallagher than he plays for Chelsea would provide more of that controlled calmness there that Southgate’s system needs and while it was better than the first 2 games in the first half it was still way off, you know there’s an issue when a midfielder as intelligent as Gallagher is struggling to find someone. Glad to admit I was wrong and it was actually Mainoo coming on and dropping into the wide right spaces that eased the pressure off Rice and allowed him to dictate the tempo a lot more.. Mainoo and Palmer looked good on the right together. Mainoo and Saka wouldn’t function like that but could be just as effective. Chopping and changing more or shifting formation at this point would no doubt make the performances even worse somehow I’m convinced of it. Being over reactive here won’t solve it.

It’s fucking frustrating to watch [emoji38] Southgate’s philosophy of slow built up controlled possession just does not mesh well with this group it’s as simple as that, we havnt improved enough from game 1-3 to give us any meaningful chance this year and we’ll bomb out to the first good side we face.. 

Edited by Nine

Worries me the way the captain is talking, constantly blaming everything on the, this is tournament football line,

talking about our next opponent how it could go to extra time or penalties? Wtf, talk about negativity running through the squad, no confidence. I don't even think Kane should be captain tbf.

Edited by mighty__mag

Southgate has the best pool of players in living memory and produces that absolute shower of shite. Refuses to start the two most inform premier league players, ignores that fact that we have absolutely 0 width. The man is an absolute idiot.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Pickford: 6

Walker: 5

Stones: 5

Guihi: 5

Trippier: 5

Rice: 4.5

Gallagher: 4.5 Mainoo: 5.5

Bellingham: 4.5

Foden: 4

Kane: 4.5

Saka: 6 Palmer: 6

Bellingham was worse than Foden I thought

Was crying out for someone to grab the game by the bollocks tonight - but no one did. 👎

We may as well have win the group of sleep, but Southgate is intent on boring us to death with his risk averse tactics.

garbage. 

Edited by Big Geordie

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Can’t judge any of the players in this absolutely miss-managed, poorly coached, unbalanced team.

Part of it is definitely down to him playing in the wrong position and getting in the way of other players but he genuinely wasn't trying at times tonight. You can take the hump at the shite tactics but at least run about and try.

Mind, I'm only singling him out because he's supposedly the golden child (and because No Balls Gareth refused to sub him again) but there was barely anyone worthy of the shirt all night long.

3 minutes ago, Doops said:

Bellingham was worse than Foden I thought

I think Foden single-handedly ruined our attacks by keep going narrow with Bellingham having to cover left, Kane being isolated and coming deep, with no one in behind.

No idea whether he was told to or kept doing it himself but either way it was shite.

Edited by Kid Icarus

We didn't concede many chances (or goals) in the group stage and our back line has looked pretty solid despite it being, on paper, the worst area for us 

Positives....

I'm reaching... 

:indi:

Edited by BlazeT44