Final: England 1-2 Spain

Disco

Fair result in the end, even if we gave a reasonable display. 

Walk away with your head held high Southgate. But please do walk away. 

Best team won and I'm glad I've been a bit "meh" this time round cos it feels more like a vague disappointment than anything truly gutting. 

Just now, Hudson said:

Comments like that ain’t welcome here, best keep them in your head

Surely he was poking at the ref there?

That loss was 100% on Southgate.  Same shit he's done in every game, sit back, defend, look for a bit of brilliance and as soon as the momentum starts to go England's way, instead of pushing on and attacking England get more conservative.

The real annoyance of it all is that with Ten Hag keeping his job, Southgate won't get the chance to apply his brilliant tactics at Man Utd.

At the end of the story, it would have been better if you'd got eliminated by Slovakia.

The result would be so shocking that Southgate would be out. Now, he will be received as an hero, and the status quo of terrible football will continue.

The same story with Portugal. I wish we had got beaten by Slovenia for the same reason.

5 minutes ago, andycap said:

Even at 1-1 he was planning on bringing Gallagher on man. Like happy to go to pens. 

And Trippier.

Time for Gareth to step away. Incredible achievements to have reached back to back finals but it’s time for a manager that wants us to try and win games by attacking teams because that’s where our strengths lie

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Why wouldn't they? [emoji38]

Don’t you have to play a certain amount of minutes to be eligible for a medal? Or getting confused with something else?

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Surely he was poking at the ref there?

I was, just been jumped on for being racist.