Marc Guehi

gdm

Get this and Osula tied up in the next week and then we’ve basically got 3 weeks to sort a RW and shift the deadwood.

Edited by NSG

Can't help but feel this might go the same as as the Maddison bid in the summer 2 years ago and we'll not get him. 

Thought he was really good in the Euros

4 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

It is funny that we created chances and scored goals at rates on par with all but the two title challengers while leaking goals for fun at times, but we mostly all want a RW first anyway. There's plenty of good reasons for that as well as the fact that a new, shiny forward is just more fun, but there's definitely a case to be made that this could be more impactful.

I think we created a lot of those goals by playing like drunken sailors a lot of the time though. It's good to know we can do it, but I wouldn't say we had controlled aggression for big chunks of the second half of the season - games like Luton and West Ham, which did wonders for our statistics, but aren't really what an attack is supposed to look like if it's functioning well.

40 minutes ago, Dr Venkman said:

If he joins us he’ll get better, he’s at an age where he’s got one more big move, at least, after this one. Declaring that he’s at peak value right now is very silly.

I prefer footballers to be able to contribute on the pitch and give us a chance to win something. Could not give a flying f*ck what they will be worth in a few years time. 

The only value worth worrying about is what they produce for the team.

If the bean counters are confident we won't break finance rules then who gives a shite what we're paying

Why scrat around in the yellow sticker whoopsie aisle at Heron Foods when you've easily got enough money to shop at Waitrose

Edited by bobbydazzla

He's apparently not signing a new contract.

This summer will be their last chance to get a realistic value as he will be in the last year of his contract next summer.

£70 million plus is what they could and would command if he had 4 or 5 years remaining.

£50 - £60 million range would be about right.

I doubt we would have started negotiations if they were talking about £70 million plus.

But we'll see how things play out I guess.

Just seen this, would be absolutely immense!

We'd have to move super fast I'd imagine seeing he's so sought after though.

Fingers fucking crossed :sweetjesus:

Just now, BergenMagpie said:

Of course everything is kicking off today on my birthday when I cant check for updates every 5 mins [emoji38] Can’t complain though

Of course you can!

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

image.thumb.png.1597fa06e33c19243923344971e16b72.png

Fab heading stats a lot closer to my previous perception of him as fairly poor in the air for CB. 

I don’t love those Guehi stats I’ll be so honest. 

Deffo don’t love them as a pair.  I don’t feel like you can play Hall alongside them this season.  

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Fab heading stats a lot closer to my previous perception of him as fairly poor in the air for CB. 

I don’t love those Guehi stats I’ll be so honest. 

Deffo don’t love them as a pair.  I don’t feel like you can play Hall alongside them this season.  

How are Botman's stats? Botman-Guehi should be the CB pair for the future

Edited by Collage

1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

24 and about to enter an Eddie Howe coaching setup? No he isn’t [emoji38]

Was about to reply to that, hes no where near peak value. What an odd statement to make. He's got 5/6 years of improvement yet. If he keeps developing and is a mainstay International, we'd get more than we spent even if we sold him at 28.

Should we just go the whole shabang and swap Botman for Tomori and give us a full ex-Chelsea academy back 4?