Marc Guehi

gdm

11 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

The mop on that [emoji38]

IMG_5792.jpeg

If he's not got Wayne Lineker's number I'll show my tits in Fenwick's window all winter

Been giving club a lot of leeway this summer, but if we don't get this deal done and appear to be flapping about over the next week, I’ll be annoyed/frustrated that we’ve lost our way a bit in the market. 

Chalobah is becoming more and more appealing as an alternative by the day, with the added bonus of being able to cover RB. 

Getting him in for £25m or so now gives us more room to go big on a RW and we can always revisit the CB question next summer, with Schar possibly leaving at that stage. 

Feels like brinkmanship and I still think it'll go through but I'm not exactly sure what value we get out of a £60m defender that we wouldn't get out of one in the 30-40m range like we did Botman.

4 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

If you want to keep superstar players at your football club you really need a superstar barber.

- Marc Guehi 2024.

Also, if you want superstar players at your club offer them new contracts with superstar wages.

Find it hard to say we should stop the bidding at X price because we don't know what the alternative is or how that impacts any other signings.

Just hope we set ourselves/Palace a deadline to either agree the fee or not and then move swiftly onto other targets if need be, as not getting a CB in would be a bad result.

2 minutes ago, Cristov said:

Also, if you want superstar players at your club offer them new contracts with superstar wages.

Exactly. That interview had effectively ended any hope of Guehi signing a new contract (if there was any hope anyway).

35 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Cba dealing with Palace anymore like

Completely unlikable club 

Don’t dislike them, just find them to be an absolutely nothing club. Got fuck all to say for themselves other than being like the tenth biggest London club 

Edited by gbandit

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Don’t dislike them, just find them to be an absolutely nothing club. Got fuck all to say for themselves other than being like the tenth smallest London club 

The Southern magnolia Middlesbrough. Steak & Ale pie FC