AFC Bournemouth 1-1 Newcastle United (25/08/24)

BlueStar

We've been poor. Aside from the 10 minutes at the start maybe. 

Losing all the battle, misplaced passes everywhere. No urgency whatsoever, really need to up it massively.

Gordon a passenger. Half the player he was last season based on this showing so far. But saying that Isak and Gordon are so isolated they can't do anything productive.

I really thought we played well the first 20 and should have scored when on top. Appalling since and they look like they’ll get a second no bother. 

He may prove me wrong. But I think he’ll put that 11 back out 2nd half and we’ll be just as bad. I’d be looking to get Willock and Trippier/Hall on. Needs to be ruthless and send a message that this isn’t anywhere near good enough. 

Such an uninspiring half of football. Isak was our only good player there, followed by Bruno, Tino and Pope. Everyone else was somewhere between poor and very poor. Joelinton won’t have a worse half all season, Murphy probably will and Longstaff will as well. Don’t know what’s up with Gordon but it’s concerning 

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

Murphy is so bad :lol:

But when you say we're better off playing either Barnes or Gordon there, you have some clown talking about different position nonce brigade.

Perfect. We'll keep watching this instead.

Just now, soyt said:

I just dont understand this, again with the away performances. Players looking soft, slow and disinterested - kind of "we dont want to be here" - body language. It is so effin strange. Nothing is working. 

Can't blame it on games/injuries.  No excuse such a lacklustre performance against a mid-table side.

WIth a scratch defence, Murphy and Longstaff were not much better than them on average. Just takes a couple purples to be under par,  home advantage at a place we've had  only ever had one non-bad performance at (Bruce/pandemic) things are deflatingly par for the course.

As shit of a half of football as we’ve ever played under Howe. Zero intensity, sloppy passing, carelessness with the ball and lack of movement have been endemic this half. It has to be better than this. 

I like Murphy. But he's just not good enough for a front 3 in a side that supposedly wants to compete in Europe. This has been a weakness for the entire time Howe has been here and we just haven't moved to upgrade. The weakness of that side (Longstaff included) is exacerbated when you don't have Trippier's creativity.

Gordon really poor too, looks well off the pace. At the moment I feel sorry for Isak who looks up for it but well isolated.

Truly miserable occasion so far. 

Alarmed by how much of a passenger Gordon appears to be. 

Bournemouth playing extremely well; pressing effectively and not only winning the physical battle, but making it look easy. 

Shirt looks absolutely ridiculous and is winding me up no end. :lol:

How many subs can we make? There's a few I'd like to take off. Joelinton, Gordon, Murphy, Longstaff for a start.

This was my biggest fear today, the away form from last season following us into this season. Doesn't bode well at all.

Poor first half. Simply poor, which isn’t good enough. We knew they would press, but we just looked like we had no form of plan going forward. 

If it continues into the second half, I’d expect to see Barnes and Willock on. Hopefully if it starts going our way, then Onsula.

Canny concerning that we're so far away from the levels required so early in the season. And I'm talking physically and technically here - we're miles away, slow and weak in possession, no zip to any of the players, no pressing as a unit, nothing. We look absolutely fucked.

And that's before we even talk about how sloppy we look on the ball. some of the XI are just not good enough footballers, we all know who and there's no point in raking it up but they stand out like a sore thumb in games like this. Massively substandard starting XI today

Common theme we start pretty good, but unless we manage to capitalise on it, the opposing team gets more and more into the game. A few players that needs to take a close look at themselves in terms of pashun. A few players that needs to dare to try make something happen rather than just playing 2m backwards passes. 

Just now, duo said:

Can't blame it on games/injuries.  No excuse such a lacklustre performance against a mid-table side.

Were a midtable side ourselves.