Fulham vs. Newcastle United: 21/09/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Would be worried about Hall against Adama Traore

Kelly to start this one you’d think. Especially the way the game ended today for Hall. Bunce will lean that way I would’ve thought.

1 minute ago, Heron said:

Gonna be absolutely smashed all over and win 1-0 :lol: cause that's what champions do.

1-3 to The Toon.  I must get it right sometime.  😉

Watched Fulham Saturday. They play some really good stuff. Much more fluent than us currently. They still however seem to have the same Achilles heel in wobbling at crucial moments. Think it will be a similar if not more dominant home performance from the off than today but still a game where we’ll get a few chances in the second half. Hopefully we are ruthless and pick up a point if not three.

7 hours ago, The Prophet said:

I'd have take four points from Wolves and Fulham away, but we absolutely should be aiming to win.

We have a really tidy record at the Cottage of late too.

Won’t happen but I would change it up slightly 

Pope - Trippier - Schar - Burn - Tino - Tonali - Bruno - Big Joe - Gordon - Isak - Barnes 

11 hours ago, joeyt said:

Pope

Trippier

Schar

Burn

Tino

Tonali

Bruno

Willock

Gordon

Isak

Barnes

This is it for me. Feels like our strongest possible side when all are fit (discounting the long-termers, obviously Botman in for Burn). Maybe Hall in for Tino depending on the opposition.

1 hour ago, LiquidAK said:

This is it for me. Feels like our strongest possible side when all are fit (discounting the long-termers, obviously Botman in for Burn). Maybe Hall in for Tino depending on the opposition.

Kelly in for Burn

This was the fixture which kickstarted our incredible run in the 22/23 campaign. We were alright but unspectacular before that, hopefully history repeats itself.

We seem to have a knack of staying in games at the moment and nicking games with a bit of quality. Our general play has to improve though as we’ll come unstuck eventually and it seems like Howe isn’t full sure of his first 11 yet (see RW and LB). 

On a positive note we’ve got several levels to go up in terms of quality. I hope he starts Barnes and Tonali in this one though. I also think he’ll go with Kelly at LB. 

29 minutes ago, jack j said:

Kelly in for Burn

Definitely an argument for it :thup:

Personally think Burn is good enough at CB to keep his place but wouldn't be against Kelly in there instead 

I would go for this

Pope

Tino -Schar -Burn -Kelly

Bruno

Tonali -Willock

Gordon - Isak - Barnes

They are a good side from the wings but lack a proper midfield and defense,  having Kelly and Tino gives us some defensive solidarity and allows the front players to cause damage.

Would also be good to have Joelinton, Hall and Trippier rested and ready for Wimbldon as they will add much needed quality to that game.