Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Odd numbered years.

At least there's Confederations cup and U21 Euros in the summer.

You're not selling it. I love getting in from work and having three games back to back on terrestrial TV. Best time of the year.

July 7th. Martinique v. Nicaragua. Oh yeah, it's the Gold Cup, baby.

Odd numbered years.

You're not selling it. I love getting in from work and having three games back to back on terrestrial TV. Best time of the year.

July 7th. Martinique v. Nicaragua. Oh yeah, it's the Gold Cup, baby.

:lol:

As long as I don't have to watch Honduras play, we're good.

Players winning a trophy (or promotion in this case) with their club then running around with their national flags to celebrate. It's not an international match, you were all representing your club, there's no need ffs.

Yes. Definitely agree with this. The one that stands out for me is Josemi wrapped in the Spanish flag near the front when Liverpool are lifting the Champions League trophy.

Odd numbered years.

:lol:

I mean, it's obviously nothing compared to a proper tournament, but of the odd numbered years, it's better than the one that will be in two years time.

• 2 weeks later...

When transfer targets wait until the very last moment to sign. Not talking about last minute signings, but protracted stalling until the end of the window when matches have been played. The player dragging their feet do themselves and the team no favours by not having a chance to bed in. Also questions their actual desire to sign. My best example to hand is michael owen.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

People not keeping up and realising that the market value of players has gone up drastically.

• 2 weeks later...

People not keeping up and realising that the market value of players has gone up drastically.

:thup:

Came in here to post exactly this.

eeee ah cannit believe they're spending £30m quid on that kid, footbahls gone to the dags

Guest chopey

What a load of bull spending £40 million on a footballer that's not messi or Ronaldo is not normal.

Guest firetotheworks

What a load of bull spending £40 million on a footballer that's not messi or Ronaldo is not normal.

It is, accept it.

It is, accept it.

How much of either will 40 mill get you? Ronaldo's dodgy statue maybe.

Where do you think the hundreds of millions Sky are pumping in was likely to go?

Back to the supporters in reduced ticket prices, foundation football and community activities would be nice.

Where do you think the hundreds of millions Sky are pumping in was likely to go?

Back to the supporters in reduced ticket prices, foundation football and community activities would be nice.

That wouldn't scratch the surface.

Poor commentators. I would love it if TV would give you the option to turn the commentators off and just listen to the pitch/stadium/game sound. They should give you this option in all sports to be honest. :)

Poor commentators. I would love it if TV would give you the option to turn the commentators off and just listen to the pitch/stadium/game sound. They should give you this option in all sports to be honest. :)

the likes of andy townsend giving their opinions and criticisms of players/managers who's boots he's not fit to lace.

I don't get the vitriol or lack of understanding of that twitter account. They even cite the source in the tweet. I don't care when they start tweeting opinions, but it's worth the follow to see every link so I don't have to go on the Daily Mail website ever

I don't get the vitriol or lack of understanding of that twitter account. They even cite the source in the tweet. I don't care when they start tweeting opinions, but it's worth the follow to see every link so I don't have to go on the Daily Mail website ever

Everyday it needs explain to people that nufc360 just round up news from other outlets. It does my nut.

As you say, saves searching through lots of different other sites.

Everyday it needs explain to people that nufc360 just round up news from other outlets. It does my nut.

As you say, saves searching through lots of different other sites.

Pretty much my exact thoughts :thup: