Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Sick of being told Ben Arfa's shite from fans of other clubs.

He's got the same rep as a punk like Adel Taraabt outside of our fans I'd imagine :laugh:

The credit Pardew gets for his man-management(!) of him is some Keyzer Soze-style trickery shit :lol: :lol: The ongoing mind-boggling tragedy.

as with anything in life the truth lies between 2 extremes, he isn't shite thats obvious. However he does tend to get fairly overrated on here especially the longer he isn't in the team.

This isn't so much because of Cabaye but more inspired by Cabaye, why in gods name do most clubs wait til the last minute to do transfer business? Makes no sense whatsoever as you end up overpaying especially if you end up desperate on deadline day.

as with anything in life the truth lies between 2 extremes, he isn't shite thats obvious. However he does tend to get fairly overrated on here especially the longer he isn't in the team.

How is he over-rated on here? What is it exactly that people are saying other than he's a quality player who should be in the side?

How is he over-rated on here? What is it exactly that people are saying other than he's a quality player who should be in the side?

I just feel his ability and potential to impact games can be overstated, not a major thing or anything just my own general opinion. Would I rather he was in the team sure but for me its not as big a deal as is generally thought.

That little voice in the back of my head that still has hope for Newcastle

Ashley and that won't be here forever. I just hope the fanbase hasn't been totally disillusioned with the sport by the time that moment comes.

Transfer windows and our owner and our manager.

Yep, Ashley/Kinnear/Pardew are sucking the enjoyment out of football and NUFC for me.

I can see the rest of the season being exactly like tonight's match and petering out into nothingness, similar to the remainder of the 94-95 season after we sold Cole.

I'm looking forward to the World Cup though

Guest bimpy474

Transfer windows and our owner and our manager.

Yep, Ashley/Kinnear/Pardew are sucking the enjoyment out of football and NUFC for me.

I can see the rest of the season being exactly like tonight's match and petering out into nothingness, similar to the remainder of the 94-95 season after we sold Cole.

I'm looking forward to the World Cup though

World cup yes, oh no England are going :(

The season being over with for your club with months of it to come.  First time I can ever remember feeling like that in February, which will be the case next week.

Don't get me wrong, it's genuinely good to be (almost) safe and I'd take this over last season any day of the week, League-wise.  But still, we're also-rans.

Players who start a fight with someone and then the minute their head gets close to theirs they throw themselves on the floor. c***.

Cunt has got previous.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/oliver-holt/Oliver-Holt-column-No-ifs-or-butts-Joey-Barton-red-card-over-Bradley-Johnson-clash-shows-cheats-DO-prosper-in-the-Premier-League-article848810.html

Also looks like a massive gypsy with his shit facial hair and greasy hair

How much time is wasted over throw ins and stoppages in play in general.  This was something I noticed last night.  I have never seen a team take so long to throw the fucking ball man.  They didn't seem to have any ball boys.  Potter over to the touch line, pick the ball up, look about for a bit, steal about 10 yards, then throw it.  This went on all game.  I'd be surprised if the ball was in play for more than about 20 minutes a half.

Elaborating on the above.  But players taking the throw about 5-10 yards away from where it went out.  It rarely gets pulled up on and makes a big difference if you're on the front foot trying to box a team in.

Again, regarding my first point.  You'll often see someone down injured and getting treatment for at least a couple of minutes.  3-4 subs.  The ref deciding he's going to give players a 1 minute lecture for a foul.  All the fucking about when the ball goes out of play or there is a set piece.  "There will be an additional 3 minutes of added time"  :huff:

Obstruction.  Why are players allowed to shield the ball and block a player off when it's going off for a goal kick?  If you did that anywhere else on the pitch.  I'm pretty sure you'd get pinged for it.

How much time is wasted over throw ins and stoppages in play in general.  This was something I noticed last night.  I have never seen a team take so long to throw the fucking ball man. They didn't seem to have any ball boys.  Potter over to the touch line, pick the ball up, look about for a bit, steal about 10 yards, then throw it.  This went on all game.  I'd be surprised if the ball was in play for more than about 20 minutes a half.

Elaborating on the above.  But players taking the throw about 5-10 yards away from where it went out.  It rarely gets pulled up on and makes a big difference if you're on the front foot trying to box a team in.

Again, regarding my first point.  You'll often see someone down injured and getting treatment for at least a couple of minutes.  3-4 subs.  The ref deciding he's going to give players a 1 minute lecture for a foul.  All the fucking about when the ball goes out of play or there is a set piece.  "There will be an additional 3 minutes of added time"  :huff:

Obstruction.  Why are players allowed to shield the ball and block a player off when it's going off for a goal kick?  If you did that anywhere else on the pitch.  I'm pretty sure you'd get pinged for it.

Ehm, Stoke under Pulis?