St James' Park

Delima

Seeming as money would be no object when considering what they might do.

Why not take the Camp Nou approach and dig into the ground leaving the pitch much lower? It would solve all sorts of planning issues and you could pretty much bring it up to the level it’s at while still packing in thousands more below.

Barca’s ground is only 48 meters high from street level, SJP is 98 according to google.

The new Wembley is well below ground too iirc.

Man City too.

The bottom tier here:

A2IvMym.jpg

it the middle tier here:

CISR1rhUAAA5b6K.jpg

Adding to the picture of the new Feyenoord stadium I posted yesterday, I didn't realise that they were redeveloping a whole neighbourhood.

Could definitely see something like this for the Arena area of the city centre.

https://oma.eu/projects/feyenoord-city

ambitious project like this is exactly the type of stuff I'd expect from the capital of our new owners

https://uk.foco.com/products/newcastle-united-fc-st-james-park-brxlz-stadium

No clue about this site mind

Been trying to get one for a while but brxls doesn't offer it in the US.

The 3D puzzle of SJP is fun to build, looks like it might be out of stock though

It’s where I bought it from. I was worried at first. I had to ask someone in the comments on an advert if they had received theirs and got photographic evidence that they had. Let’s be honest, the site doesn’t scream legit.

It’s arrived though and the box looks like it would be an official product, they have got the details down well.

I think Amazon sell it as well.

Or do something like Boca

bombonera3.jpg

Aye, something like this/Celtic park.

Pull L7 all the way round, flatten the east stand, then rebuild it into the best  corporate/hospitality stand in the league.

That would make it 65/70000ish capacity, I don't think it needs to be anymore really.

A full ground on song looks and is better than having the biggest ground (one more seat than Newcastle springs to mind).

Gate money is pretty irrelevant now, as long as it looks good on the tele everyone's happy.

Ok.

1: It can’t be done, the East stand can’t be raised in height at all.

2: Who would seriously want that? It looks awful. There was an English team in the lower leagues who had a similar stand, it looked horrific.

Luton?

If we went the way of Boca then the whole stand would need to be boxes. Plush as fuck and charge a fortune. Maybe take a hit on the attendance but maximise income by selling them at good expense. All about money generated rather than bums on seats tbh. 

As i said on an earlier date, use this potential 12 - 18 month period without fans to see if planning can be fast tracked in order to rotate St James' and do similar to what Spurs did on the land they owned.

Alternatively, work with the council and the freeman people to see if there's any scope about shifting land ownership around and making a newly rebuilt St James' the jewel in the crown of Leazes Park.  If not then it's going to upset some people because a club that is allegedly going to set it's sights on being one of the best in the world will not be able to do that with the limitations there are at present.

A ground share with Gateshead may have to be sought as well if any works do end up in the offing.

As i said on an earlier date, use this potential 12 - 18 month period without fans to see if planning can be fast tracked in order to rotate St James' and do similar to what Spurs did on the land they owned.

Alternatively, work with the council and the freeman people to see if there's any scope about shifting land ownership around and making a newly rebuilt St James' the jewel in the crown of Leazes Park.  If not then it's going to upset some people because a club that is allegedly going to set it's sights on being one of the best in the world will not be able to do that with the limitations there are at present.

A ground share with Gateshead may have to be sought as well if any works do end up in the offing.

Aye, cos rotating SJP is definitely essential work.

Yeah Juventus is a different bag because they've always had pretty low attendances. They are a club that is supported casually nationally rather than parochially. When they play away you will see a hugely suspicious surge in the home team's crowd. Lots of glory hunters and this drives their commercial revenue.