St James' Park

Delima

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Me dad and I were wondering whether whatever Saudi company becomes the main sponsor would have its name/logo in the seats, a bit like Anfield, rather than just slapping crass signs up.

We could chip in and fit them , free hot dog etc .

18 minutes ago, GWN said:

Would like to see new black n white seats 

Aye, I actually think if they did the ceiling Black with White writing too. There's a. Whole host of things. I'd change the tunnel and all the outside bit on the South West corner too

My only worry with black seats is that the black colour may fade a while later.  Of course our rich and wealthy owners can use high quality paint for the seats. That is why I thought we switched to grey seats for a 'cleaner' and neutral colour.

Red seats turning into pink seats down the road makes them look like playing in Peppa Pig's stadium.

Edited by nufcjb

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

In one of those pics it looks as if the black and white stripes are divided by thin gold lines. Could be a good strip design when we become champions. Not sure but I feel we've had a strip like that before so it might not be as original an idea as I think.

2005-07? Definitely reminds me of that one.

1 hour ago, Dancing Brave said:

That looks fantastic

Thanks mate :thup:

3 hours ago, nufcjb said:

My only worry with black seats is that the black colour may fade a while later.  Of course our rich and wealthy owners can use high quality paint for the seats. That is why I though we changed to grey seats for a 'cleaner' and neutral colour.

Red seats turning into pink seats down the road makes them look like playing in Peppa Pig's stadium.

More concerned with what kind of burger they're going to give us when we rock up with our toolboxes.

This is based on absolutely nothing at all but maybe the East Stand didn't get bleached as much or at all is maybe because it has its "back" to the sun? If that makes sense? So the sun would be shining directly at the Milburn stand at peak times but not so much on the East Stand so it's a bit more protected. Maybe it doesn't make a difference or maybe the paint they used on seats in the 80s and early 90s were a bit more "chemically different" by modern/we actually care about the environment standards. 

That's my crazy theory for today and it's not even lunch time yet. 

Aye I’m not sure I like black and white seats. I think Grey looks decent but there are rows of seats dotted about that are a different shade to the rest of the block. :lol:

I reckon all Black seats would look decent, with “NUFC” carved into the East Stand in white. Mebbes the old school NUFC crest in the Gallowgate too. 

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Aye I’m not sure I like black and white seats. I think Grey looks decent but there are rows of seats dotted about that are a different shade to the rest of the block. :lol:

I reckon all Black seats would look decent, with “NUFC” carved into the East Stand in white. Mebbes the old school NUFC crest in the Gallowgate too. 

Yeah, MK Dons black seats always look ok when I’ve caught sight of their stadium.

5 minutes ago, number37 said:

This is based on absolutely nothing at all but maybe the East Stand didn't get bleached as much or at all is maybe because it has its "back" to the sun? If that makes sense? So the sun would be shining directly at the Milburn stand at peak times but not so much on the East Stand so it's a bit more protected. Maybe it doesn't make a difference or maybe the paint they used on seats in the 80s and early 90s were a bit more "chemically different" by modern/we actually care about the environment standards. 

That's my crazy theory for today and it's not even lunch time yet. 

I expect the Saudis know a thing or two about the sun.

We've discussed changing the colour of the seats and possible options to expand the ground but one thing that's been overlooked completely is putting in some safe standing areas. Would increase the capacity (not by as much as we'd like obviously) but more fans, more ST holders, more guaranteed income, no need to move ground or extend the Gallowgate? 

It's something I think we should definitely be looking into. It's not everyone's cup of tea and there's arguments for and against but I'd like to think it's an option. Just throwing it out there. 

37 minutes ago, midds said:

We've discussed changing the colour of the seats and possible options to expand the ground but one thing that's been overlooked completely is putting in some safe standing areas. Would increase the capacity (not by as much as we'd like obviously) but more fans, more ST holders, more guaranteed income, no need to move ground or extend the Gallowgate? 

It's something I think we should definitely be looking into. It's not everyone's cup of tea and there's arguments for and against but I'd like to think it's an option. Just throwing it out there. 

Unless I've got it completely wrong but I thought safe standing doesn't increase the capacity as it's still the equivalent of a seat per person?

14 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Unless I've got it completely wrong but I thought safe standing doesn't increase the capacity as it's still the equivalent of a seat per person?

The ones I've seen have doubled the number of rows, like on 2 levels? Same number of people in each of the rows? 

Someone will know :lol: