St James' Park

Delima

48 minutes ago, manorpark said:

This photo shows how much space there is in and around the Newcastle Arena Site, which will become available after the Arena moves to the new NewcastleGateshead Quays Arena Site . . . Forth_Goods_Yard_and_Newcastle_Arena_-_A

Here is what a new NUFC Stadium could look like after construction on the above site . . .

Re-location_idea_for_St_James_Park_to_Ar

Appreciate it’s not everyone’s favourite option but I like this site a lot. Massive potential to build something special there.

4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

There's been expected development of that site for a long time now.

The replacement arena isn’t due to be finished until 2024 earliest I heard so can’t see much changing for a while yet.

I don't think the owners will look to do anything with SJP for a while yet and by then the Arena site will probably be gone. I think their priority now is to build proper training and academy facilities while also pushing the first team further up the league. But there's no doubt SJP will be an issue within the next 5 years because season tickets will sell quick as fuck. 

6 minutes ago, manorpark said:

The empty site shown in my earlier post, next to (to the south of) the current Arena, has just had planning approval for these 1,100 homes and a hotel . . .

Quayside_West_approved_for_1_100_homes_(

Could a new ground be built adjacent to it then? Or is that now too tight if a site?

I like the idea of the arena site and whether they have planning permission to do something, they haven’t started it and there’s probably loads of reasons why they haven’t.

If PIF wanted to they could assist building of a new venue for them. Money talks at the end of the day.

The point is, rebuilding all or even part of SJP is highly complicated. Why go through all that when there’s other better options.

6 hours ago, Kanji said:

Could a new ground be built adjacent to it then? Or is that now too tight if a site?

If that gets built, there would not be enough room for a football stadium, as the only space left would be the footprint of the actual current Arena.

The 1,100 homes would have been built on the site to the right of the Arena in this photo . . . 

Forth_Goods_Yard_and_Newcastle_Arena_-_A

14 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Has there been any suggestion from the club that they’re even thinking about the stadium? Not being rude, just wondering where all this discussion is coming from

All just chitchat you know.

There's an assumption that if the club is stating they wish to be the best in the world, that current SJP may not fit in with that vision as it is.

2 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Would those houses and hotel fit the current SJP site?

Probably the space for them, but the developer is building 'riverside apartments' and already has planning approval for that location.

Unlikely to want to 'swap', and then wait for goodness knows how many years before he can eventually start building.

Nothing is impossible, but . . . 

The beauty of St James is its location- it's the beating heart of the City. It's what makes it so unique  - it would not be the same if it was moved to the outskirts imo.  There are a lot of clever engineers in this world and am sure a solution can be found to expand in its current location.

35 minutes ago, duo said:

The beauty of St James is its location- it's the beating heart of the City. It's what makes it so unique  - it would not be the same if it was moved to the outskirts imo.  There are a lot of clever engineers in this world and am sure a solution can be found to expand in its current location.

The Arena site found hardly be called the outskirts 🙂

11 hours ago, manorpark said:

The empty site shown in my earlier post, next to (to the south of) the current Arena, has just had planning approval for these 1,100 homes and a hotel . . .

Quayside_West_approved_for_1_100_homes_(

We can safely rule that one out then. It's Castle Leazes or bust.

Actually bummed about the arena site now appearing off the table then. Whilst the development of those homes along the river would be excellent  - a new stadium and other club sponsored amenities along the river would be the most ideal place to move if we had to move from the current site to expand.