St James' Park

Delima

5 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Aye, the pubs at Lane Ends wouldn’t quite cut it to be honest. It’s an interesting video but I think he’s way off the mark.

I reckon he has a point in terms of the training ground, but don’t think we will play our games there. Can genuinely see us staying at SJP and extending the Gallowgate. 

I'm all for moving and building a new stadium if we have to move but Four Lane Ends? I couldn't think of a worse place. I wrote previously that I'm confident the council would find somewhere to put the stadium in the city centre if we have to move. 

On the one hand I could walk there in under half an hour but in every other way imaginable a stadium at Four Lane Ends would be absolutely shit. Not sure how the Ship, The Black Bull and The Benton Ale House could cater for 70,000 thirsty football fans either.

25 minutes ago, ozzrahog said:

Stadium of light has loads a ground around it to build on. Move there and expand it and do a ground share

It's possible I suppose. I'd have to find a Lisbon pre match pub for "home" games

23 minutes ago, jarrovianmag said:

you on drugs?

Why it's got the basis of a good ground, good transport links, it's good for spreading wealth on the North East and establishes them as our bitches until they are just our feeder team

They are looking at sites for a purpose-built, world-class training ground. “That will probably take three years, maybe a little bit more,” Ghodoussi says.

This part is also great btw.

3 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

While they aim to increase the 52,000 capacity at St James’, there are no plans to build a new stadium. “It would be like tearing your soul out,” Ghodoussi says.

from Caulkins article

When one of your club's owners is more of a custodian for its history than some of your fellow fans

One thing can be ruled out. “St James’ Park is unique, special, the cathedral of the city, sitting on its hill,” Ghodoussi says. “We will definitely look at expanding it, working with the city and council to see what we can do. There are a lot of things that need to happen first, but that’s the way forward. If we can get it to 60 or 65,000 thousand, amazing, and we will look at every possibility. But are we going to build a new stadium? No. It would be like tearing your soul out.”

Be interesting to know how much they’ve explored the complexities of extending St James at this stage. Can’t help but think their thoughts might change if they find they can’t expand it. However, if this is their view fair play, I would expect to see them pursue the land at St James to future proof any expansion plans.

9 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This is such a ridiculous comment. 

If you think SJP is an intrinsic, essential part of the club's history and what it means to be a Newcastle supporter and have read enough comments from people wanting us to move, not really.

Edited by Kid Icarus