St James' Park

Delima

6 hours ago, Disco said:

Aye, I’ve struggled to get my head round it. You can see the control tower from the airport mid left, must just be some mad topography and next to no tall buildings.

That was basically the view from my middle school window. Hence my educashun.

Edit, Airport, Simonside, Cheviot that is, not SJP.

Edited by madras

I can see for miles around in all directions from my work in town, so I can see SJP, the Cheviots, and the airport tower (ooh look at me). It's taken me ages to work out that perspective like. I think that must be Kenton beyond the moor but before the airport. Just looking at everything from where I am, the aperture on the photo must be doing a lot to make the Cheviots look much more imposing than they are. 

2 hours ago, Kanji said:

So that photo is supposedly showing hills 50 miles north of the stadium and the photo was taken few miles south of SJP?

From certain vantage points in the Carr Hill / Sheriff Hill / Windy Nook area you can literally look down on the entirety of Tyneside and beyond, viewing the North Sea to the east, the Cheviots to the North and looking towards the Northumberland/Cumbria border to the west. There's a park in Carr Hill that has a hill on it and standing at the top you are literally looking at a whole area of east, north and west that probably covers not far off that 50 miles in radius. 

Edited by Wandy

Aye, I actually drove down there from work this afternoon, absolutely crystal clear today.  Not sure what he took the photo with but you can definitely see the cheviots etc.  I feel fuckin stupid that I've saw the view thousands of times and never actually noticed how far you can see :lol:

19 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Stif's welcome at chez bigfella any day.

As long as he doesn't hockle on any of my strippers.

Haha.

One of the yards my work has is in Sunderland and we often find it’s quicker to go through East Boldon. On a clear day you can see the Cheviots from the South Tyneside/Sunderland boundary.

Judging from that picture we could probably move further back than castle leazes and just build our new stadium in the Cheviots and be within city perimeter.

Insane perspective.

Or we could just dismantle and move leazes terrace, anybody thought of that?

6 minutes ago, HUGZ said:

interesting video, but that'd be absolutely terrible. moving from our gorgeous city centre to Long fucking Benton :lol: 100k fans trying to squeeze into Casa Antonio's for a pint.

Aye, the pubs at Lane Ends wouldn’t quite cut it to be honest. It’s an interesting video but I think he’s way off the mark.